Notice to Hotmail/Gmail & BT Internet users - Please check your SPAM/JUNK folders for our emails. Please add our email as a contact to your email account.
Light/Dark Mode Enabled: You can now select the option by clicking the moon/lightbulb in the top right corner!

mk2 polo power

Mine is the J Reg G - had the suspect boot with new metal work covered in wax oil.

Mods were: lots of porting - airbox, charge, throttle body, head, manifold, but it lacked a map to suit or a chip. and was on stock pulley.

A stock G wouldn't make 122.

I got award for flattest power curve though so something to feel good about even if power is low.

It's on the clubg40 link.

Anyone got a recommendation for a mapper?

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dvderlm

• nige8021

• Gleny135

• mk2 polo power

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A big thanks to those who attended this morning, and those who put their cars on the rollers, I'll get some pictures up later and big thanks once again to @jonPDpolo for organising it with Aldon.

Power 122 BHP @ flywheel 97 BHP @ wheels   Power 55.4 @ flyweel 29.2 BHP @ wheels   Apart from a scary looking Rob !! Power 159.3 BHP @ flywheel 115.7BHP @ wheels

@Gleny135 - I can't wait to see what that 1.05 is putting out, we'll have to send the Mazda boys a copy of the printout and a box of tissues!

Posted Images

I've heard good things about Northampton Motorsport who are 15 miles from Santa Pod, but don't know if they do Digifant/ G-lader. 

(no, not vigilant,  windows10) 

@Yoof's normally wise on mapping.

On ‎06‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 20:19, Gleny135 said:

it sat at a nice constant 11:1. But a dont think the accelerator pump is pumping enough as there is a massive lean flat spot when accelerating out of a corner

I thought AFR of 12.3:1 was best for N/A and 11 was for boost.

Pierburg's have a Teillastanreicherung, part-throttle-enrichment circuit, that you might be able to upgrade (say from an Iltis type183 according to Ruddies). Or fit bigger idle so it stretches higher up the revs with larger air correction so main starts later. Or back to bike carbs with warm air fed induction box?

• 1 year later...
GatisGirdenis

More than a year late in this, but I thought it was interesting - why does the grey mk2 have more whp but less bhp than the white breadvan?
Maybe someone has an insight on where is the power leaking out from?

dvderlm

Gearbox losses, tyre rolling resistance, tyre inflation, tread pattern and wear.

Probably not same gearbox, so torque conversion ratio and diff load not the same.

1 litre engine spinning faster for same horsepower, more friction.

(some people suggest synthetic gearbox oil) 

But without the torque curve it's hard to know which feels faster.

Edited by dvderlm