Notice to Hotmail/Gmail & BT Internet users - Please check your SPAM/JUNK folders for our emails. Please add our email as a contact to your email account.
Light/Dark Mode Enabled: You can now select the option by clicking the moon/lightbulb in the top right corner!

mk4 (6n) estate vr6 engine swap

Hi guys looking for some information about what it takes to take the vr6 engine out a mk3 golf and drop it into the 6n estate, not much coming up on the web besides a really old thread on here just showing it finished. i know the two cars run the same chassis so subframe wise it should bolt in, but i cannot think of any serious problems with swapping the engines. so can some one correct me or should it be straight front as swap the ecu and loom then swap and bolt all the engine bits across including driveshafts, only think i think may be an issue is the drive shaft spline on a vr6 would be different to the polo. if any one can shed some light onto this as im looking into buying a clean estate.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hyptix

• Yeti

• nige8021

Top Posters In This Topic

I think there's been a couple of mk2 caddys done over the years, they're the same as the estate at the front, so having a search for them might give you a bit more than searching for polo estates. 

You could get the cordoba with the 2.0 16v and the TDI, so there should definitely be space. 

nige8021

The engine bay on the estate is the same size as the Golf, so space will not be an issue.