Sign in to follow this  
Dubfather

Archwork - Mk2F breadie

Dubfather

Does anyone know of a 2f breadie with Mk1 Golf arches?

seen a few Mk2’s done but not been able to find an example of a wide arched 2f.

just looking for pointers really as I started doing one today lol 

got the drivers side rear in more or less, but interested to see pictures of a finished one if there are any out there :smile:

kiran_182

Mk2 and 2f are pretty much the same shell

There was a thread of exactly that but the pics no longer show

Dubfather
5 minutes ago, kiran_182 said:

Mk2 and 2f are pretty much the same shell

There was a thread of exactly that but the pics no longer show

Yeah the shell is similar, more or less, but the wraparound on the bumpers is pretty different which makes major headaches with the fit as you have to taper the curve and flare of the mk1 arch into the bumper line....can’t continue the arch all the way down into the valance  on the rear like with a Mk2 breadie....and the front doesn’t have a valance as such at all so that’s gonna be a pig too! lol 

genesisGT

I have a few photos of a silver one  with MK1 golf arches which looked the business and fairly OEM will try dig them out.

mbusby993

There was a bloke on one of the Facebook pages that had Mk1 Golf arches welded on. The admin of a The Mk1-2f Polo Owners page on there has Mk1 Golf arches on his mk2 saloon. Eric French is the name! Think it looks ace personally. 

Dubfather

Well the arches are done. Not too bad to do as it turned out, once I worked out how they needed to sit. Front bumper lined up fine, but the rear needed the return curve changing and theres gonna be a bit of work involved in fabbing new mounts, coz I had to cut back the metalwork at the rear of the arch and seam weld it lol coming on though and it's gonna look well once filled, blocked and painted.

Knocked up some van side panels and let those in too so just got to close off the inner arches tubs at the back, seam seal everything and I can crack on with the filler.

Edited by Dubfather

kiran_182

Think we'd all like to see some pics of that

Dubfather
On 01/03/2018 at 17:46, kiran_182 said:

Think we'd all like to see some pics of that

Would love to, but they're all too big for the size limit on here and my photobucket links don't seem to want to play ball lol

Bodywork is basically done now though....just reshaping and glassing the rear bumper to sort out, strip down of all the glass and trim, a full sand then I can mask it up and crack on with getting some primer and paint on the go :-)

Body is getting shot with Ford Arctic White, and the bumpers will be satin black....should look crisp and modern.

Interior is getting some love too....I've got hold of a 70's beetle steel dash cut so I'm gonna modify that to fit, and ive put some electric RX8 Mazda seats in it already....will deffo be a little different to the norm :-)

Edited by Dubfather

Yeti

If you're on a computer, just copy and paste the image into the reply box and it sorts itself out normally. 

Dubfather
12 hours ago, Yeti said:

If you're on a computer, just copy and paste the image into the reply box and it sorts itself out normally. 

I do everything off my smartphone, which is proving less than smart in this respect lol I'll have a bash on my tablet when I get a spare five :-)

Dubfather

Rear

http://s33.photobucket.com/user/NaVsS/media/IMG_20180307_160544.jpg.html?sort=3&o=2

Front

http://s33.photobucket.com/user/NaVsS/media/IMG_20180307_160523.jpg.html?sort=3&o=3

Rear steel closing panel fabbed and finished

http://s33.photobucket.com/user/NaVsS/media/IMG_20180221_113622.jpg.html?sort=3&o=6

Rear valance reshaped for new bumper curve

http://s33.photobucket.com/user/NaVsS/media/IMG_20180221_113633.jpg.html?sort=3&o=5

Van panels welded in....since filled and finished but I forgot to take a pic lol

http://s33.photobucket.com/user/NaVsS/media/IMG_20180307_160558.jpg.html?sort=3&o=1

Starting the beetle dash tomorrow evening...more to come :-)

kiran_182

Lots of work gone into that

Dubfather
3 hours ago, kiran_182 said:

Lots of work gone into that

Still a fair bit to go but the hard stuff is in now so just the visuals to sort out really :-) I'm looking at doing this as a full time job soon so this is kinda a showcase car to show what I can do lol

kiran_182

Done a really good job, looks natural

Dubfather
1 hour ago, kiran_182 said:

Done a really good job, looks natural

Looks more complete with the bumpers hung but you get the idea :-)

I'll stick some more detaiked pictures up when I get a chance

Dubfather