Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
Open to sensible offers.
No modifications, as it was when it rolled out the factory.
3 owners since new, main dealer service history for majority of the 30 years. Just under 87K miles on the clock. Starts first time and runs well.
Maintenance work undertaken in past year: new exhaust, new rear beam, tyres have done approx. 500 miles, new brakes, new cambelt, and undersealed for protection.
Original fabric is in good condition for age, radio cassette works perfectly. Paintwork is in good condition, no evidence of rust
Drives beautifully, great fun to nip around town in. Manual gearbox is smooth throughout all changes.
It has won best unmodified at local VW shows.
Comes with winter storm cover.
New MOT. Only selling as emigrating and can't take with us.
Refurbished wheel trims
Carb stripped and cleaned
Rear arches welded both sides
Both new rear wheel bearings
Rocker cover, carb cover and fan cover painted
New sparkplugs, fuel filter and fan belt
2 new front tyres
runs and drives with no problems at all
Please email if interested or want more information
By Rob Johnson
Anyone have any idea why my 1.1 is not firing. It seems like fuel is not being pulled through as it is pooling in inlet manifold just under the carb. There was suction when I put my hand over the carb.
Anyone else had this problem and know the solution.
New price - prices to sell.
I will do copy/paste from this add : mobile.de add
The car is great , but I have almost no time for it and other projects on my head. I need the space. The car has new timing belt,new battery, new clutch and new fluids.
It participated in our local VW Fest 2018 and draws a lot of attention. When I drive it people notice it.
The list of modification is very long, the car was built for the purpose of track day use, but is not stripped out and is 100% streetable.
It is not 100% ready, it needs sway bar install and fixing of small things.
I am not having enough time , actually I am having almost none for it so that is why it is for sale.
I am confident to say that such Polo does not exist anywhere in the world, so here is its specs:
- ABU engine block with documents
- AFH head and pistons, CR ~11,5:1
- G40 gearbox plus 2 more gearboxes in perfect condition that go with the car ( have shorter gear ratios)
- 4 carburators from Honda CBR900RR, jetted main jets and sealed air jet.
- Custom airbox and custom made and calculated length of intake manifold
- Custom 4-2-1 stainless steel exhaust manifold and SS exhaust system - all calculated for particular engine
- Custom made suspension with coil overs, A-shaped LCAs' adjustable in all angles
- Custom made frame to which the A-shaped LCAs' connect
- Engine and transmission rest on stock 3 pieces engine mounts, plus added 4-th infront
- Mega Squirt 2 - controls ignition when using petrol and carburators, constrols LPG injectors and ignition when LPG is used
- LPG system spraying after carbs, tank in place of spare tyre
- Deep Recaro front seats from 20th anniversary Golf MK.3 with reworked stock mounts to fit the Polo ( narrower)
- 5x100mm conversion with 15 inch Audi A3 light rims ( 5,5 kgs/ each)
- 1 inch brake master cylinder with 4 wheel disk brakes - 256mm vented fronts with ~235mm solid from Polo 9N on the back
- Factory GT body with black roof vinyl in great shape, OE paint
- Car puts down 115 wheel horse power, the attached graph is without the airbox and without the Mega Squirt - I used to run it on vacuum distributor without any electronics(can be returned in that configuration)
- Prepared stock AFH intake manifold with BMW 2.0 throttle body and 190cc injectors - if decided to return to single throttle body
Hi, I have a mk2 polo project, I have cleaned and checked the spark plugs, cleaned some of the carb jets but when I try to lift the clutch and move it, it dies, does any one have any ideas what to check or do next? I want to put some fresh fuel in aswell , thanks in advance