Notice to Hotmail/Gmail & BT Internet users - Please check your SPAM/JUNK folders for our emails. Please add our email as a contact to your email account.
Light/Dark Mode Enabled: You can now select the option by clicking the moon/lightbulb in the top right corner!

VW Polo r-line 2014 help!!!

Shebz

I own a vw polo r line 2014 petrol 1.2, i want to install hid lights but don't know if the lights are different to normal polo's. Also, where could i get a replacement splitter.

$_86.JPG

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jonPDpolo

• Shebz

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

jonPDpolo

Hi there, unfortunately due to MOT changes due in this year, you can't retro fit HID headlights to a car that never had them originally

'Those of you who have changed your standard headlight bulbs for HID's will now get a major fail even if the aim is correct. It has always been an offence to fit HID bulbs to halogen headlamps so the MOT is now in line with that.'

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/mot-special-notice-01-18-inspection-manual-and-in-service-emission-data/mot-special-notice-01-18-inspection-manual-and-in-service-emission-data

Splitter wise, you could either get one from your local VW dealer parts counter or TPS, failing that get lucky on eBay/FB/scrappies of one being broken or replacement parts