Notice to Hotmail/Gmail & BT Internet users - Please check your SPAM/JUNK folders for our emails. Please add our email as a contact to your email account.
Light/Dark Mode Enabled: You can now select the option by clicking the moon/lightbulb in the top right corner!

BradPolo6N

Hi I own a 95 Polo and recently noticed something strange with my oil cap, it has some creamy looking substance on the side that sits inside the engine and I have had mixed opinions of what it is for example I first got told I needed a new head gasket because water was leaking I then asked someone else and they said where my car was sat for a year it was just condensation in the engine and I just needed to leave my car running for a while I then tried that and it is still like it, do I need to run it for longer or do I need a new head gasket some help would be appreciated, 

Snapchat-565459285.jpg

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BradPolo6N

• nige8021

• steveo3002

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

nige8021

Before jumping in and changing the head gasket, take it if you can for at least an hours drive, as condensation inside the engine is worst at this time of year and if its been standing that mayonnaise is very common. 

steveo3002

yeah i wouldnt worry just yet..watch the coolant level see if it drops

it will take hours of high speed use to clear that , if its been standing for a year whip the rocker cover off and clean it then do a oil change 

BradPolo6N

Alright, thanks alot for the advice I'll be sure to give it a try