Help me find this car!

VWsoph84

I'm looking for a sorn, white polo G40 with reg J987 TPY. I want to find it for an inspirational teacher who owned this car for many years and then regrettably sold it and has regretted it ever since. Any help appreciated!

Thank you.FB_IMG_1507646211213.jpg.375cea75778eb8546e6edd763cec2783.jpg

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• VWsoph84

• Polo6n1600i

• MartinB

• jonPDpolo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Used to belong to a user on here called supercharged_spaniel. You're correct - I believe his build thread was very detailed and described him being a teacher and how he came across this car etc. 

I guess you'd need to track back and find his for sale advert, see who bought it, either on here or clubg40 and also post on the various mk2/2f facebook groups.

Spaniels old car am guessing (his username was supercharged_spaniel!)

I know Dan from back in the day, hopefully it can be found

1 hour ago, jonPDpolo said:

Spaniels old car am guessing (his username was supercharged_spaniel!)

I know Dan from back in the day, hopefully it can be found

Hi John,

Nice to meet you! Aye it is haha, I'm one of his students from school in sixth form and he just wants to know if it's still going! We've all got our fingers crossed it's still out there but not in pieces.

1 hour ago, MartinB said:

Used to belong to a user on here called supercharged_spaniel. You're correct - I believe his build thread was very detailed and described him being a teacher and how he came across this car etc. 

I guess you'd need to track back and find his for sale advert, see who bought it, either on here or clubg40 and also post on the various mk2/2f facebook groups.

Hi Martin! Aye I'm going to give it a go. Hopefully still going and not in pieces.

• 4 weeks later...

If I remember rightly his parents bought him the G4O number plate as a gift. He just about fell over when the last 2 letter turned out to be PY (as that's the G40's engine code!!)