Sign in to follow this  
Elliot16

How do I fit an aftermarket cone filter to my 9n 1.2 12v? The original airbox is attached to my engine cover so what can I do? Thanks

Elliot16

Hello im new here :) I want to fit a cone filter with pipes to my 1.2 12V but unsure on how to do this. If the air filter was separate I would find this easier to do but where is the MAF? what are the 2 hoses connected to the engine cover? Do I need them? Any help will be appreciated thanks! 

Yeti

I don't think they have a flow sensor as such, just a pressure sensor on the inlet manifold, there's a few pictures in this thread. I thought the only hoses on the engine cover were the air intake and the outlet to the throttle body, which are about 1.5 inches wide?

You probably won't gain much from increasing the throughput of the filter, as I think the same unit was used up to the 1.4 16V, although you might get some very, very slight gains in hot conditions by moving the filter away from it's current location between the engine and the sound deadening under the bonnet to somewhere a bit cooler. 

I'm just wondering if you could use the diesel airbox, which was used on quite a few cars up the Ibiza Cupra, that would also allow you to use something like Jabbasport's come in a box setup. 

• Like 1

kiran_182

The colder the air the better, a diesle box would be a better choice if it fits as a cone is affected more on a hot day than a boxes filter 

kazz900

what if you take the air filter out and fit a cone filter intake to the original air intake coming out of the right bottom side of the manifold cover. Im not sure how much clearance you would have though.