Sign in to follow this  
Mollie

Do I have a rare car.... ?

Mollie

Hi there, I'm new to the owners club. 

I've had my Polo for just over a year - the lady I bought it from told me it was a rare car (only 6 versions made), I wondered if anyone could tell me if this was correct - I thought it may have been a sales technique, but I've never seen another one like it !

It's a 2001 Black Colour Concept Open Air - I was told they only did one Open Air Colour Concept in each colour ?  It has a nice spec, red leather (heated) Recaro seats, BBS Alloys and the full retracting roof. Can't find anything on-line, anyone have any ideas ? 

Many thanks, 

Mollie :)

Guest VeeDub Master

That's correct only one Open Air, Colour Concept in each particular colour - Just 6 made, it wasn't a sales technique. 

Keep hold of it !!!

Elijah

Post some pictures of it.  I’ve never seen a colour concept open air.  Is it petrol or diesel.

kiran_182

Get a proper insurance valuation that takes into account is 1 of a kind

Elijah

For sale on the eBay looks a stunning car.

why does it have to be so far up into Scotland, that far even for me and I have family in Scotland.

kiran_182

Watching, hope it goes for a good price

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• jacklines99
      By jacklines99
      Hi guys I’m after a pair of headlights for my 2000 6n2 gti close to Sheffield for collection however will pay for postage for the right price 
      cheers
      jack 
    • Elijah
      By Elijah
      Hi all

always wanted a 6n2 1.4 Tdi.

been looking for ages but all I can find are modded versions.

if anyone comes accross a good one please let me know.
    • king464
      By king464
      Hey guys and girls!

First post here but I’ve been looking through these forums for a couple months now and they’ve been so useful! Absolutely love my Polo 6N2, my first car and I couldn’t be happier!

But I do have one reoccurring problem which is really starting to annoy me. I keep getting a check engine light come on, and after scanning the ECU I get the following code:

P0134 - O2 Sensor Circuit No Activity Detected (Bank 1 Sensor 1)

Got my local mechanic to replace the lambda sensor. Car worked perfect for a couple weeks until I got another P0134. He said that the part was faulty (its a genuine Bosch part cost me £130) and he replaced it. Now a couple months later I’m getting the P0134 error again and the lambda sensor is not working (poor economy, poor performance). 

I thought originally it could be wiring related but since the new sensor worked for a couple months I thought it must be the sensor. I don’t know what to do and I doubt my mechanic is going to replace the part again (he always wants the car in for ‘diagnostics’ and basically hates my pride and joy). 

Side note: recently under hard acceleration every now and again cylinder 3 will misfire (assume I need to fit new spark plugs in). Could this in anyway cause the lambda to fail?

Really annoying that the car is currently slower than usual and burning a lot more fuel (passengers always complain of fuel smell)

Thank you so much for reading!
    • Stue
      By Stue
      Hi Folks
      I am looking for a replacement AHW engine for the better half's 6N2.
      I know that this unit was used in Golfs and others, but have seen suggestions that the golf unit is not suitable for a Polo because the starter is at the front.
      I would have thought that this related to the gearbox not the block. Anyone know for sure?
      Anybody got one to sell?
      Stue
    • cosaw
      By cosaw
      Hello all,

Questions about power steering pump.  Car: Without AirCon, 6n2, petrol, 8 valve. AKK engine. 150,000 miles.

Not 100% sure but think power steering pump is failing. Engine noisey and a lot quieter with auxiliary belt off. Alternator new around 40,000 miles ago and belt tensioner seems relatively quiet by hand.

Questions:

How much fluid required?
      Part number for pump? so I don't have to strip it down first.
      How many miles do these last?
      If I let it fail on road will I get home or does the pump lock up?

Will try and post video of slack in the rotation of the pulley. There is a lot but think it's been like that for many miles.

Many thanks in advance.

Simon

Follow: #ClubPoloUK

The Polo Social

Volkswagen Polo Owners Club

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines