Notice to Hotmail/Gmail & BT Internet users - Please check your SPAM/JUNK folders for our emails. Please add our email as a contact to your email account.
Light/Dark Mode Enabled: You can now select the option by clicking the moon/lightbulb in the top right corner!

94 Mk3 1.6L hesitation (Manual)

Whatchain

Hi

Got a bit of a problem with the car. While driving at 100kph and coming to slow down and down shifting to 4th gear and trying to rev match, when pressing the accerlator slightly, the car would not rev up at all unless you press harder which case over revs. Also when accelerating from stand still, the car hesitates very badly and feels like it doesnt want to rev. Once you get past 2000 rpm it goes ok but below that it just feels like it doesnt want to rev at all. I've only noticed this today when i drove it. Weather was very bad, rain and hailing like crazy . not sure if maybe got in anywhere?? also noticed that the temperature gauge didnt really move at all from the cold position. The weather was very cold outside however. Related? any ideas

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Whatchain

• kiran_182

Top Posters In This Topic

Whatchain

Anyone? i've noticed it stopped doing it for a few days but it happened again today. I turned the car off and back on and it seems to have solved it for now.. anyone suggestions before i take it to mechanic? almost died as car would not go as i was turning at the lights and a truck was coming at me.