Notice to Hotmail/Gmail & BT Internet users - Please check your SPAM/JUNK folders for our emails. Please add our email as a contact to your email account.
Light/Dark Mode Enabled: You can now select the option by clicking the moon/lightbulb in the top right corner!

lowering springs & shocks for Mk2f?

Hi, I have a Mk2f polo in need of some lowwwsss because its currently looking like a 4x4:D. However I'm on a tight budget and am thinking that lowering springs with or without new shocks is the way to go. Any advice on where to find some decently priced springs or shocks would be appreciated.

Cheers, Ewan.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kiran_182

• EwanMk2f

• Yeti

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The 2f is a face lift of the 2 but i believe suspension changes were made    Always check for the 1900-1994 on the year to make sure   Once lowered youd probably want the arb block

kiran_182

You can get the TA 60/40 for about £120

Cheap but do the job, not too bad a ride but not as refined as more expensive kits 

Think ap do a decent 60/40 for about £300

Edited by kiran_182
3 hours ago, kiran_182 said:

You can get the TA 60/40 for about £120

Cheap but do the job, not too bad a ride but not as refined as more expensive kits 

Think ap do a decent 60/40 for about £300

Are the TA 60/40's  just lowering springs or shocks too for the £120?

On their website all I could see were 86C polo 60/40  lowering springs for 69 euros. Wasn't sure if they are compatible with 2F's?

Thanks, Ewan.

kiran_182

The 2f is a face lift of the 2 but i believe suspension changes were made 

Always check for the 1900-1994 on the year to make sure

Once lowered youd probably want the arb blocks to correct the geomerty and move the arb away from the exhasust

• Like 1

The suspension is all the same pretty much from 1974 to 1994.

I've personally found the TA'S to be very harsh on anything but a perfect road.