Notice to Hotmail/Gmail & BT Internet users - Please check your SPAM/JUNK folders for our emails. Please add our email as a contact to your email account.
Light/Dark Mode Enabled: You can now select the option by clicking the moon/lightbulb in the top right corner!

A little while ago my drivers door window motor was having trouble bringing the glass back up and sounded as if the cable was frayed. I taped the button up until I got a new motor.

When I went to fit the new motor, it wouldnt work and there doesnt appear to be any power getting through.

I swapped the switches over to see if it was the switch, but no, it works fine on the other window.

From what I can see, one fuse does both, so must be Ok.

Any ideas ? It had power before.

The two wires to the motor are red and black. Are they both + , one for each direction and the earth is through the bolts to the door ?

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Polo3

• caretakerplus

Top Posters In This Topic

caretakerplus

Before you go much further, it might pay to check the cables in the flexible trunking between the door and the door pillar.

Due to constant bending, these cables tend to break in time.

Have a look at the question referring to the 6N2 door loom being broken submitted by JAM6N2 on Monday - that covers the same subject.

Regards

• 1 month later...

Caretakerplus - Thanks for your response.

I've just fixed it and yes, it was a broken wire in the flexible door trunking. I found it using a multi meter and a process of elimination.

The two thick wires for the window motor were both damaged. The black and white one broken completely. The red and white one was bared.

When I made this post, I set it so that I received notification of any responses. Only I never received any notifications, so assumed no one had responded.

Pity that. I could have taken your advice when it was posted. Oh well, never mind. Should have checked anyway.

Thanks anyway.