Jack1902

Exhaust hitting on arb, Front arb blocks

Jack1902

Hi guys.

I am struggling with my exhaust manifold hitting on the arb, will the arb blocks sold in the club shop stop this problem? They say the blocks move the bar forward which to me would seem like that would sort it. Also the car is lowered so maybe they will correct the geometry aswell? 

MonsterL35YFP

They do bring the ARB forward and correct the steering, if your car is lowered then they are pretty much a must for your polo. As for your exhaust they should help aswel but might be worth looking at your exhaust hangers there's one that bolts up near the gear linkage. 

dvderlm

...and check the rear engine mount that attaches to bottom of gearbox, could be drooping.

Or the front mount from top of gearbox to near front cross member. Its rubber donut might have collapsed a bit.

Is it a 4speed ARB? Not likely on coupe gt/s.

They are straighter than 5speed so miss exhaust manifold upside down, but then bash the endplate of a 5 speed gearbox on bumpy roads.

Edited by dvderlm

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• GatisGirdenis
      By GatisGirdenis
      Hello,

For starters - it's a LHD 1.05 mk2f with 5 speed gearbox and 18mm arb.

So yesterday I fitted poly bushings on my MK2F anti rollbar (was a major pita, as I was doing it on a solid gravel surface and in a hurry) and noticed that the roll bar is rubbing all the way up against the gearbox's end pan and the downpipe. The oem bushings were really worn, as the washers would be constantly clunking against the tracking arm.

The car is lowered (which is supposed to be) 80mm at the front, but there's still long ways till my arches and has never rubbed even going over a speed bump at a decent speed, so not really sure about the exact lowered value.

I have been waiting on the better time for the arb blocks, but it is yet to come.

Can you install the roll bar the 'wrong way' as it didnt come to mind to check and as I didnt have the problem before?
      I also had removed the roll bar before and installing it was not anywhere near as big of a problem the other time.

Cheers on the first post!
    • Saint Jimi
      By Saint Jimi
      I've just been loking around at available inlet manifolds, in an ideal world i'd obviously want one of the GK ones but my chances of finding one are probably pretty slim. So I stumbled across one which looks pretty derestricted compared to the standard (ie decent sized ports that closer match the 1.3l head) listed as mk3 1.4 abd manifold, however I can't remember what the top of my current manifold looks like or whether my weber 28/32 dmtr would sit on it as it's presumably meant to be paired with an injection system not a carb. The pics are just to compare carb mounting styles, the bottom pic is the one that's for sale that I wish to know if my carb would fit on.

So do I specifically need this type of carb mounting on top

Or would this sort of top mounting work?

I think I already know the answer but wanted to put it to the experts and confirm what I think I already know. Cheers.
    • aditza579
      By aditza579
      Does anyone know the outer or the inner diameter of the primaries and the secondaries for a Raceland 4-2-1 manifold for AFH/AFK? Or do you have one at your disposal to measure it? I would very much appreciate it!!

I want to build a replica from stainless for an AUB in a newer Polo and the maths gave me some dimensions and i would very much like to compare those with a genuine Raceland.

I would buy a Raceland but I live in an aera where the shipping costs almost as much as the mani and in this case it's easier and cheaper for me to build one. 

Thanks in advance!
    • POlliffe22
      By POlliffe22
      Will bike carb manifolds made to fit a 6n 1.4 8v fit a mk2 8v?
    • Ant Dunkley
      By Ant Dunkley
      Im looking to get a 4 branch manifold for my 1993 1.3 polo.
      i've been looking around but am unsure on what one... just wondering of anyone has any suggestions or ides as to one that will fit???

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines