gezza

hi im after some help would a mk3golf alloy wheel fit on to my polo6n2 thanks  

Tomedpayne

Mk3 golf wheels came with both 4x100 and 5x100 stud pattern. Your 6n2 will be 4x100 stud pattern, so as long as the alloy from the mk3 golf is 4x100 you shouldn't have an issue fitting it.

• Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• ohMatriixHD
      By ohMatriixHD
      Hi, for sale is my 1994 VW Polo Mk2f. It has done 65k genuine miles (have some old Mot's and service receipts that can help verify this). I have 2 keys, one genuine, and the original VW handbook with the booklets inside. The car has been well maintained and is in extremely good condition for a 24 year old car! It has genuine BBS RA's off of a G40 that were professionally acid dipped and refurbished. This has been such a fun car to own ane drive. As my first car I couldn't have wished for anything more fun, reliable and unique to drive. I constantly got remarks about how nice the car was and how unique also. These are getting rare now and finding one with low mileage and clean bodywork is almost impossible! The car has already had the dreaded fuel tank recently so should be fine for at least a few years to come.

The car had a full service including water pump and head gasket, coolant, brake fluid, cambelt, filters and oil in April 2017 along with brakes and suspension and the engine work. It also had a new clutch and clutch cable. It's had replacement wheel bearings, track rod ends and CV joints also.

The car has had the following modifications:
      Full engine conversion from a standard 45hp 1.0l engine to a 1.3l MPI engine out of a Polo Mk2f GT. Standard these engines push out 75hp. I believe the engine is on sub 100k but I have no proof. I then bought a ported and polished cylinder head, believed to be on 60k miles (again no proof). I had the ported head sent off and had the head skimmed, pressure tested, valve guides ground down and valves reseated at Modus engineering in Tunbridge Wells. I then built up the engine with a fast road camshaft from Newman cams. The engine now has uprated Magnecor red HT leads, a Powerflow performance panel filter and a PoloPerformanceParts stage 2 ECU chip (7200rpm limiter increase). The car is believed to be pushing out at least 100hp which in a sub 800kg car is enough to have some fun! I do still have the standard ECU chip if you wish to go back to standard. Since the engine work the car has covered around 10k miles.
      To support the engine enhancements, I bought all new OE equivalent shock absorbers and coil springs all round. I also polybushed the front suspension components, and replaced the rubber anti-roll bar bushes with nylon blocks. This makes the car feel firm to drive and handles amazingly.  The car has also had decent brakes all round.

In the interior I have changed the door cards to incredibly rare ones with speaker pods built in. I have then fitted JBL 6.5" speakers with tweeters higher up the door card. This has been wired in properly with all the wires behind the dash and only a small piece is visible between the door and the dash. The seats are the dark grey ones with the rainbow coloured Volkswagen writing on them which I massively prefer to the Fox seats. I have changed the stereo to a Sony bluetooth music and possibly phone also. I have ran subwoofer wires to the back of the car which work fine, however the sub and amp are not included in the sale. The boot has a carpeted wooden false floor for supporting the subwoofer as the standard boot floor is very weak and couldn't really support anything. There is still the spare wheel underneath this. I have changed the clocks in the dash to the better GT clocks so a rev counter is there. I have also fitted a Momo leather gear stick and matching steering wheel with a genuine Momo boss. I also bought carpet floor mats as it didn't have any and I prefer them to the genuine rubber ones. I have also wired in a cigarette lighter so I could charge my phone or use a satnav while driving.

On the exterior I have made a few subtle changes. I sprayed the VW grill badge and boot badges black, replaced the orange rear lights for genuine factory smoked lights, clear front and side indicators with chrome bulbs and now have body coloured door handle inserts.
      I have spent a lot of time, effort and money on this car and will be sad to see it go. Would make a perfect first car as it did for me, with cheap insurance even with no black box.
      The engine modification is not declared with the DVLA, however I do have the engine number saved so if you wish to officially register the change in engine capacity, you are able to.

Sadly, there are a few minor issues and I will try to be as honest as possible (I am quite particular so some of these might not even affect you at all):
      - There is a small oil leak from the head. I believe it's where I put the head gasket on, some dirt might have got trapped and allows small amounts of oil to sweat out the engine. I have been topping the oil up every now and then. 
      - There are some scrapes down the passenger side. I have tried to picture the damage to the passenger side as it's the worst area. Some small scrapes mainly on the door and rear arch. Also the drivers door has has a dent pulled out at some point. 
      - There is some sort of sticker residue on the b pillers that I can't get off easily. (not put that much effort in. Just used autoglym tar and glue, not much happened so I left it alone.)
      - Where I fitted the clocks, the wiring loom on the back of them is wrong, so occasionally the coolant light flashes, when the coolant level and temperature are perfectly normal. Usually turning the car off and on again fixes this.
      - The sunroof leaked water and had been sealed up when I bought the car. I changed the seal and it still leaked water so I put enough sealant to stop water dripping on me while driving. If this bothers you, a new sunroof or new sealant applied neatly would work.

If someone takes as good care as I and the previous owners have, it will have many years of life left and is starting to become an appreciating retro cool car. 

Currently it is running a PPP stainless 4 branch manifold and full PPP stainless decat exhaust system. If this is going with the car, an additional cost of £250 will need to be added on the the asking price of £1250. To arrange a viewing/test drive please TEXT 07383417526 (will NOT answer calls as I work unsociable hours and may be asleep or working when you call). Car will be available to drive away from the 10th August. 
    • prankstar2003
      By prankstar2003
      Lots of polo parts from MK2s mostly, although a few from other models. Prices are upon request as there are so many, but for the purposes of forum rules, everything is £5. In reality I'll just want to cover postage costs and maybe a few pounds to fund the ongoing restoration. Parts range from tiny trim clips to whole panels. List is accessed via the link below 

https://1drv.ms/x/s!AjU5ikMqY-bbcx1FaUX-e28LASU
    • gezza
      By gezza
      hi I'm in need of door panels for my 3door 6n2 could someone recommend the best place to get them from thanks for you time on this 
    • Bilbo1690
      By Bilbo1690
      Hi guys any information on this would be much appreciated, my 1l polo has been having intermittent problems for a while and now I'm not running it because it's just too annoying having to wait 10-20 minutes to let's it cool off before it runs.... 

It has been serviced and has had lots of parts put on it such as new leads, a complete new distributor including rotary arm and cap, new coil pack I've drained the cooling system completely and refilled, it's had new temp sensors put on it and I've tested the fan works with a hair grip across the terminals and it runs, have swap out the sensor in the radiator with another one I have which hasn't helped, there are no fuses blown so I am a bit lost with it now. 

Before I changed the distributor it wouldn't restart straight away but now it fires after cutting out and runs until it cuts out with no warning, my temperature gauge stopped working after swapping out the temp sensors I don't think this is related in any way, the car used to bunny hop a little bit now and again ages ago, it also had a loss of power while driving in gear and cutting out... 

That's all I can think of currently if I think of anything else I will add it in later!

Thanks in advance for any advice, Billy.
    • POLOWELI
      By POLOWELI
      MK3 Polo coupe breaking.

Has a 16v AFH in it which runs and had fresh timing, waterpump, plugs, etc.

Lowered on 70mm springs and shocks with some white ford multispoke wheels which with the adapters are pretty wide.

Has the ARB bush kit (The same ones as the G-Lader ones) which have never seen the tarmac.

Need gone ASAP, will post pictures later.

Any parts needed please shout me!

Follow: #ClubPoloUK

The Polo Social

Volkswagen Polo Owners Club

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines