Notice to Hotmail/Gmail & BT Internet users - Please check your SPAM/JUNK folders for our emails. Please add our email as a contact to your email account.
Light/Dark Mode Enabled: You can now select the option by clicking the moon/lightbulb in the top right corner!

Polo 6n2 gti cooling fan

Mikecoupegt

So I've recently found out my cooling fan doesn't come on high speed when the coolant gets hot unless the aircon is on, so the fan works on both high and low speed when the aircon is working, is this likely to be the fan control module at fault?

Thanks in advance, Michael. 

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikecoupegt

• caretakerplus

• nige8021

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

caretakerplus

If I remember correctly, it is designed to work as you describe.

Regards

nige8021

The low speed operation is controlled by the fan temp switch in the radiator, if you short pins 1 & 2 (red/yellow pin 1 & red/white pin 2) this should make the fan run on low speed, if you short pin 2 & pin 3 (red/black) this via the fan controller should make the fans run at high speed, when you select the A/C ON the fan controller forces the fans to run at high speed