TzTom

Hi guys and girls, thought I'd introduce myself seeing as I just became a member and picked up a 1987 Mk2 breadvan!

Hopefully I'll be posting quite frequently in the future...

Name: Tom / Tz

Own: 1987 Polo Breadvan

Previous Car History: Rover 45, Citroen C2, VW Golf

Hobbies/interests: 5-a-side & Hockey

How did you hear about us?: a quick Google search 

matt01

Hi Tom sorry for the delayed reply! Welcome to the club! Is it a project one or is it ready on the road? Get yourself a build thread up whenever your ready and just add to it whenever you do bits 👍

TzTom

Unfortunately it's a project in need of a complete rebuild... from the sills up! 😩 My aim is to have the old girl back on the road by December. A build thread is definitely on its way 👌   

matt01

Always good to see one being restored rather then being scraped!! Looking forward to seeing the progression 

Dean

Welcome aboard, I'll keep an eye out for you!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• Nigel Baker
      By Nigel Baker
      Hi all
      The engine in my mk2 coupe s has just died, need some options for the best replacement. I am guessing that the engine from a mk2f will fit, but don't want to change too much wiring, so would I be able to run the mk2f engine with a carb? Any advice or ideas for good replacements will help. Thanks
    • BreadyBrandon
      By BreadyBrandon
      Hello pleb here. 

I have finally got round to buying some wheels for my '93 breadvan, 
      they are 13"x6J BBS offset is 33. 
      wondering what the best bet for tires is and not having problems with scrubbing, car is not lowered at all. 
      cheers for any help, again sorry for being dumb. 

• Scottyfalmouth
      By Scottyfalmouth
      ITS A MASSIVE WANT

Hi all.

looking to do the mongol rally 10k mile rally from U.K. to Mongolia. Ideally we want a 1.2 breadvan but open to ideas. Can be 1.0 but no bigger than 1.2.

I have sponsor on board and it’s for charity. Men’s mental health charity as I have lost a few friends and other known lads to this illness

Therefore the we are looking for car needs to be a cheap car, requires TLC. I have a garage on board for the work and parts needed to renovate this car to get us across 1/3 of the world and then Fix up to sell after.

The car will then be also be auctioned off at the end of the rally for the charity after being made presentable.

so I am not after a freebie. Just a good sold, basic car for me and the Mrs to achieve this and raise awareness and cash for a well worth cause.

WHAT you GOT.
    • Scottyfalmouth
      By Scottyfalmouth
      ITS A MASSIVE WANT

Hi all.

looking to do the mongol rally 10k mile rally from U.K. to Mongolia. Ideally we want a 1.2 breadvan but open to ideas. Can be 1.0 but no bigger than 1.2.

I have sponsor on board and it’s for charity. Men’s mental health charity as I have lost a few friends and other known lads to this illness

Therefore the we are looking for car needs to be a cheap car, requires TLC. I have a garage on board for the work and parts needed to renovate this car to get us across 1/3 of the world and then Fix up to sell after.

The car will then be also be auctioned off at the end of the rally for the charity after being made presentable.

so I am not after a freebie. Just a good sold, basic car for me and the Mrs to achieve this and raise awareness and cash for a well worth cause.

WHAT you GOT.
    • Godg95
      By Godg95
      Looking for a mk2 polo pre-facelift bumper. Not to bother if it’s faded or has light scratching, just as long as it’s not cracked. Cheers 

Follow: #ClubPoloUK

The Polo Social

Volkswagen Polo Owners Club

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines