Defective

VW Polo 6n?

Defective

So i recently got a VW polo 6n 1.2 3 cylinder. It come with 2 keys and both have a button in the middle of them, but they don't do anything? Anyone know what they are for? As I've tried using them for the central locking but nothing works. I also changed the batterys in them both and still nothing?

• Like 1

Elijah

Welcome to a great club.

you have a polo 9n not 6n.

my polo has a push button but it does not have remote locking.  Possible same for yours.

Defective
8 minutes ago, Elijah said:

Welcome to a great club.

you have a polo 9n not 6n.

my polo has a push button but it does not have remote locking.  Possible same for yours.

Thanks! 9n? I though it was a 6n? Hmm strange.so what is the one button on the key for?

• Like 1

Dean
5 minutes ago, Defective said:

Thanks! 9n? I though it was a 6n? Hmm strange.so what is the one button on the key for?

This should help!

Welcome to the forums!

nige8021

The single button is normally just for the torch bulb so you can see the lock in the dark 

• Thanks 1

Defective
10 minutes ago, Dean said:

This should help!

Welcome to the forums!

Ah thank you! So it is 9n haha! Bit confusing with all the different models that are out. Am I guessing correctly that these are chain driven? The 1.2 3 cylinder model? If so how often does it need a chain change?

Edited by Defective
Added question

nige8021

There isn't any time/mileage listed in the dealer manual for replacement, however they are known to jump a tooth or two and cause many £££'s of damage, so for peace of mind I would change it along with the tensioner