MonsterL35YFP

Knocking noise after ARB blocks

MonsterL35YFP

Hello polo people, I have recently installed ARB blocks on my mk2f and not long after its developed a loud knocking noise from the nearside front when driving, not just over bumps or turning seems to be pretty random really. The only thing I can think of is the outer track control bush is worn out. Any help would be appreciated. 

Buxton

The blocks will put abit of stress on the outer bush, id reccomend getting new tca’s or poly’s bushes, top mounts are known to make a knock when fooked.  

Edited by Buxton

MonsterL35YFP

Cheers mate, iv got some top mounts to put on and I'm after some nylon outer track control arm bushes. 

MikeyMK

You want poly bushes in the arms when using blocks, as the std rubber blocks can't handle the extra stress - especially as most TCA rubbers are now either very old or cheap aftermarket versions given that VW have long discontinued them.