Bevlesskeg

Mk2 polo breadvan 1984 febi gear selector lever repair kit install

Bevlesskeg

Hi all,

I can't find out how to install this febi gear selector lever repair kit. It has the ball joint, cup, top plate and bolts from the bottom of the gear lever. I can't get the old one off, because the plastic section that sits above it is in the way and cant go anywhere.

Any help possible?

Cheers!

15329481895971166570128.jpg

dvderlm

https://volkswagen.7zap.com/en/rdw/polo+derby+vento-ind/po/1984-9/8/857-74000/

Screw 22 in that lets you remove gear-lever surround, once glovebox and driver side boxing are loosened or  removed - 4x phillps head screws 13 near top  and  2 small plastic locating pins either  side of gear-lever surround.

Edited by dvderlm

Bevlesskeg

Ah it will be possible if I take that centre trim piece off?? Thanks very much by the way!

dvderlm

Don't know, sorry. It will give better access to pull the stick  up, but you might have to remove the whole lot and mend it off the car.

I think there are 4 bolts that hold the mechanism to chassis, and the gearbox shaft is held by  a single m10 bolt.

So you will need to lift car (axle stand or ramp, not tyre change jack). Wiggling it past exhaust is also awkward.

steveo3002

did mine off the car ...exhuast off , drop the box down , needs to come off to replace the orange bush at the front