dougsta

Hi from Hertfordshire

dougsta

So I'm kinda new to vee dubs although I do have knowledge of mechanics, basic audio installation and some auto electrical background sooooo just thought I would swing by to say HI so <-- there it is 😁

Dean

Welcome Doug!

Wealth of information on here and I hope you enjoy your stay. 😄

• Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• Dave1.9TDi
      By Dave1.9TDi
      Hi there, 

thought i would introduce myself! 

I'm Dave from Coventry, own a 2006 red polo 1.9TDi sport, seen you you guys on this site for a couple of years, but never signed up (Very Naughty of me!)

So without further a do, here she is! 

• Brydo
      By Brydo
      Hi All,

Newbie here, picking up a second car soon and looking to learn more about it ('09 MK7 Polo Match) and how it differs from the S and SE models. Seems this is the right place?

Tell me, is this the old Porka site that was run by Robin and Cam many years ago? I'm 33 now and used the Porka site a lot when I first started driving, my first car was a MK3. Not a clue what my username would have been some 15 years ago.

Thanks,
      Brydo.
    • p_adamek
      By p_adamek
      Hi, im looking to get a polo GTI in the next 3/4 months but need to work out what options there were that i would like to get if possible. The ones i've seen i'd quite like are:

Arm rest
      Parking camera
      Folding mirrors
      Sat nav
      Leather seats

Were these available as part of a pack? like convenience or comfort etc?

Any other things worth getting? Is the sport pack worth it? Does it just firm up the suspension and increase the throttle response.

thanks!
    • Hyptix
      By Hyptix
      Hi guys im from telford, had a few polos all 6n2s currently got a red 6n2 tdi 3 door, which is a daily project, also looking at buying a polo 6n estate to drop a vr6 in (see my other thread) looking to go to the dyno run in February as the derv should have about 110hp -120hp by then unless ive finished the estate off  always looking for mad ideas with polos and got a soft spot for the mk3s so im sure my collection will only grow
    • WallStreet
      By WallStreet
      Hello Everyone!

I once had the VW 2001 Polo 1.4 16V petrol auto. It was underpowered. 

Recently I bought myself a 2008 low mileage 1.4 tdi BlueMotion tech 1. I absolutely love this car. It’s both stock cute & nippy to drive. 

Plans:-

1. Retrofit cruise control 
      2. Eibach proline springs to replace stock (1 corner is damaged)
      3. Remote key fob as there’s none for locking, bought a kit from eBay I hope it works 
      4. Parking distance control front & rear, it sits behind the bumper safely tucked.
      5. Bilt Hamber DC & UC for the the chassis to stop corrosion. Independant tests show it comes out amongst the top. 
      6. New OEM rear lights going in to freshen the look
      7. Respray front & side rear, fix tiny dent 
      8. Figuring out if it has a MFA on the centre console (see my other topic)
      9. Need to put in seat covers as I find it stains easy. I will stain proof with scotchguard or gyeon.l
      10. Rubber mats in boot & inside
      11. Tinted rear windows

The frugality is amazing! It does 50-55mpg in the city, 66+ mpg on motorways at 70-85mph. So I could even improve it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines