Sign in to follow this  
s-gx

window wipers sticking 9n3 GTI

s-gx

hey hope someone can help, for past few weeks my window wipers have been getting slower and slower and ofcourse now they have completely stopped and are stuck halfway up the window now that the rain is back.

I was reading a few forums that said about stripping them down as the linkage is probably just seized but i’m wondering if it’s worthwhile just buying a new motor and linkage incase stripping them doesn’t work.

Anyone else had any issues and if so any advice/tutorials would be great.

Thanks

vwfan3

Hi

What year is the 9N3 ?

Check the owners manual for the fuse/relays. If there is a relay for the wiper motor, then check the relay first, then see if there is current going to the wiper motor.

caretakerplus

It is normally the wiper spindles that seize in their 'trouble metal' housings - these can in fact crumble when you try to work on them - have a go by all means, but as you say, new ones would get you out of trouble quicker.

Regards