Notice to Hotmail/Gmail & BT Internet users - Please check your SPAM/JUNK folders for our emails. Please add our email as a contact to your email account.
Light/Dark Mode Enabled: You can now select the option by clicking the moon/lightbulb in the top right corner!

Ambient Temperature Sensor - 6N2

Marc0 Polo

Hi all,

I recently bought the chrome dial set from the GTI variant for my 1.4 (6N2 model). And this has got me wanting to try fit a ambient temperature sensor (which as they’re the same platform I imagine is possible), however never having looked over a gti to see where it would mount and the cabling goes I’ve hit a bit of a brick wall!

Is anyone able to shed some light on where the sensor sits and cables run?

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Marc0 Polo

• nige8021

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

First Welcome to the forum.   The sensor sits behind the bumper cover on the passenger side, you might be lucky and find the wiring is already there, if not it only requires one wire to be r

nige8021

First Welcome to the forum.

The sensor sits behind the bumper cover on the passenger side, you might be lucky and find the wiring is already there, if not it only requires one wire to be run through the fusebox to the speedo and a ground wire

• Thanks 1
Marc0 Polo
18 minutes ago, nige8021 said:

First Welcome to the forum.

The sensor sits behind the bumper cover on the passenger side, you might be lucky and find the wiring is already there, if not it only requires one wire to be run through the fusebox to the speedo and a ground wire

Cheers! I’ll tackle it this weekend and see how it plays out!