Notice to Hotmail/Gmail & BT Internet users - Please check your SPAM/JUNK folders for our emails. Please add our email as a contact to your email account.
Light/Dark Mode Enabled: You can now select the option by clicking the moon/lightbulb in the top right corner!

This topic has been covered by a few.. but I need more help/information.

I have a Polo  56 plate (2006) apart from having no boot (Hatch) light either.. 😞 I would like to fit a 12v supply in the back of the hatch/boot. I'm 'told' that there is already a cable out of the wiring loom for one but  I don't know which side of the rear compartment it is. I have searched and cannot find a photo of the socket in place on a Polo (any Polo) If anyone has fitted one the cable colour coding would be a big advantage. Also coming from the fuse box it will already be protected in the circuit.

I could run a cable via a piggy back fuse as I have for the parking sensors but don't want unnecessary work if a cable is there already 🙂

Any help is appreciated.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Grazuncle

• nige8021

• caretakerplus

Top Posters In This Topic

nige8021

If the cable is there it should be a RED/YELLOW stripe, don't try piggybacking off the parking sensors as the feed wire to that will be an "Ignition ON" supply and the size of the cable will not be suitable for carrying the current (fire risk!) 

caretakerplus

If you have to resort to running a new cable to the boot, do take into consideration what Nige has said about fire risk - Depending upon what you actually want this feed to supply, you need a suitable cross sectional area of cable, fed from a suitable fuse.

Regards

On 23/08/2018 at 18:36, nige8021 said:

If the cable is there it should be a RED/YELLOW stripe, don't try piggybacking off the parking sensors as the feed wire to that will be an "Ignition ON" supply and the size of the cable will not be suitable for carrying the current (fire risk!) 

Many thanks for replying..

I wasn't very clear.... when i said piggy backing, as i have for rear sensor.. I meant doing another cable run piggy backing off the cigarette fuse socket in the fuse box, as i have for the sensors 🙂

I presume the red with a yellow stripe cable is the  +. Can you tell me which side of the boot space the cable is and where VW fit their 12v socket in a 9N3? I still can't find photos of this anywhere.

Thanks both for replying..