Sign in to follow this  
chrisrhyl1959

Polo MK4 or MK6 ?

chrisrhyl1959

Just brought my first polo this week a Jan 2005  registered 1.2L 3 Cylinder  and I am confuse as to which model I have ?. I thought it was a MK4 but on here it appears to be a mk6 yet I look on other places including Wikipedia and they have the 2018 model as a MK6.

From an easily confused polo owner

nige8021

First Welcome to the forum.

You do have a MK6 as far as this forum is concerned, but the official VW status is a MK4, but if you refer to it as a 9N1 we will know what model your refering too, here's a list of how the different MK's are recognised as on here https://www.clubpolo.co.uk/topic/275212-what-mk-is-my-polo/ 

kiran_182

There are a few facelift models, like the 2f is sometimes called the 3 making the 6n which is a mk3 a mk4 by that count 

chrisrhyl1959
19 hours ago, nige8021 said:

First Welcome to the forum.

You do have a MK6 as far as this forum is concerned, but the official VW status is a MK4, but if you refer to it as a 9N1 we will know what model your refering too, here's a list of how the different MK's are recognised as on here https://www.clubpolo.co.uk/topic/275212-what-mk-is-my-polo/ 

Thank you 

chrisrhyl1959
8 hours ago, kiran_182 said:

There are a few facelift models, like the 2f is sometimes called the 3 making the 6n which is a mk3 a mk4 by that count 

thank you