MonsterL35YFP

Engine conversion 16v

MonsterL35YFP

I need polo people input I don't really know what to do to get more power out of my mk2f currently it has a 1.3 AAV engine, good engine but clap with that SPI unit, so my plan was to get some throttle bodies and run them with Omex or go balls out and buy a AFH put the AVY crank, rods and pistons in it and then run throttle bodies or just get an AVY and just put that in with throttle bodies and maybe change the sump and pick up so it doesn't sit too low because of my subframe?? I don't know what to do, iv already put alot of money into suspension and brakes so that should be all good.

kiran_182

There are lots of options, depends on which work you prefer

• tune the AAV, add gt mpi and  a performance cam - easy option

• put a 1.4 8v in with gt mpi. Drops in unless you have a subframe. 

• afh 16v - either need loom joining to existing wiring or bike carbs. Carbs are less consistant as efi, can use gt mpi but the inlet will need adjusting as the ports are different

Edited by kiran_182

MonsterL35YFP

Im thinking AFH 1.6 running on individual throttle bodies, with Omex 600 just not sure whats the best option making a AFH into a 1.6. to my knowledge AFH block and head and then AVY internals crank, rods and pistons what do you think? 

MonsterL35YFP

Then use a mk2f sump, oil pick up and dip stick.

kiran_182

The 1.6 has different mounts and sump doesnt fit either i think. 

The 1.4 8v and 16v use the same ml2 block so drop in and yeah its sump pump and dipstick swap if you have the subframe 

Carbs are good for power and if you have experience with them and setting them up then it shouldnt be an issue 

MonsterL35YFP

I thought the AFH 1.4 16v fits in a mk2f so my plan is to use AVY internals to make it a 1.6 16v AFH iv also seen a thread where someone fitted mk2f sump for ground clearance and for subframe clearance, as for the throttle bodies I'll use Omex ECU and make a custom loom to fit so they can be set up which ever way you want it really. 

MonsterL35YFP

I pretty much know how to fit them just not sure if I'll need a hi torque starter and which is best AFH head on a AVY/ARC block or will 1.6 internals fit in a AFH block 

MonsterL35YFP

So from what I've found a complete AFH with with 1.6 internals crank and rods at least you can use AFH piston heads to get a higher compression around 12.3 I think, no drilling the block in that case but no oil jets which I don't think is much of an issue, just need to see about oil pump drive because apparently the early AFH have a chain drive and the later ones have a direct drive  so I personally think chain drive will be better and possibly more reliable so maybe the only thing I really need to change is the rods if that makes sense after all it's just piston throw that determines a 1.4 and 1.6?