AndysBluePolo

My first Polo.

AndysBluePolo

Hello everyone. After 10 years of owning aircooled VWs I decided to try the water pumpers and bought a Polo. I've always like Polos so it was an easy decision. I have had this Polo for 2 and a half years and it's the best car I've owned! My money stays in the bank unlike with my Beetles and T3! 

It was registered in the Netherlands in 1991, but built 1990. It's a 1.3i.

This is how it looked when I bought it.

23126322366_cd3c1ea54a_z.jpgDSC_0667 by Andy, on Flickr

23162835302_65bd359bc2_z.jpgDSC_0666 by Andy, on Flickr

23162815332_d2cf8c1ee2_z.jpgDSC_0668 by Andy, on Flickr

Since then I have fitted a tow hook and passenger side mirror. Mother nature decided it needed some body work modifications and threw hail stones the size of fists at it! I manage to pull the big dents out, but it now has lots of tiny dents all over it.

Elijah

Lovely car mate  - looks well tidy.

• Like 1

AndysBluePolo
10 minutes ago, Elijah said:

Lovely car mate  - looks well tidy.

Thanks. I wish it still looked this way, the dents from the hail are annoying. It was low mileage when I bought it, and still is, under 130,000 KM on the clock now. The interior is in great condition. No rust either! Finally a solid VW! lol

MonsterL35YFP

Could you not have the dents popped out? A mate of mine had Toyota glanza that got dented all over the roof by hail 

AndysBluePolo

I bought a little dent remover thing, it took most of the dents out and left smaller dents. The only other way to totally remove them would involve welding a stick on the dent and pulling it out. Then I'd need a respray. Can't afford that. It wasn't a show car to start with so it carries its story with it now. Battle scars! I was lucky, my girlfriends car got written off, it looked like a golf ball and had its front window smashed. Am just glad my blue tinted glass didn't break, that'd be a nightmare to replace!

Edited by AndysBluePolo

MonsterL35YFP

Ah that's fair enough I do know someone who is building a spray booth in the Leicester area, so if at any point you do want to sort mate he'll probably do you a good price and im pretty sure he knows someone who will do dents aswel 

• Like 1

AndysBluePolo

Am in the Netherlands, but thanks for the tip. I won't be respraying it. I did that with my old beetle and then you're always thinking about getting scratches and dents. Now I don't have that worry! lol

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• powey85
      By powey85
      I know this is a pretty standard ask for a polo but I need a 5 speed box to fit my 1.3 genesis 86c, if not I would consider an engine and a box. 
    • AndysBluePolo
      By AndysBluePolo
      Name: Andy
      Polo owner, if so which? MK2, 1.3i, registered 1991.
      Previous car history: '96 Citroen AX, '74 1303 Beetle, '70 1300 Beetle, '73 1300a Beetle, '82 T3 camper, '74 1303S Beetle.
      Hobbies/interests: VWs, art, heavy metal.
      How did you hear about us?: Google.

Hello everyone. 

Am a Brit living in the Netherlands. I've mostly been an aircooled VWer, but the Polo is awesome, am enjoying it a lot. A lot less problems than my aircooled dubs!
    • AndysBluePolo
      By AndysBluePolo
      A few months ago my MK2 Polo, 1.3i, came to a stuttering halt. I was on the motorway and started to lose power, when I pulled off the motorway it gave up and stopped. My first thoughts were fuel problems, I had a quarter of a tank,  so running out of fuel wasn't the problem. Maybe dirt in the tank or blocked fuel lines. Anyway, I called the breakdown service and the guy had a look around the engine and pushed a part back into place, something to do with a vacuum. Am shit with engines! The engine started first time after he did that.

Last weekend I did a hours drive into Belgium and then back home again later, the car didn't feel right, a slight bit of stuttering again, but I got home without breaking down. The next day I have a look and go straight to the part that was the problem before. The hose it is connected to had fallen apart. I went to the garage today and he fitted a new hose, but said the engine shouldn't stop working if that part was not connected.

Here is the part am talking about. What is it and who is right? The garage or break down service (ANWB, Dutch AA). If that isn't what's causing the stuttering, then what is?

Thanks,
      Andy

• madman_inabox
      By madman_inabox
      For sale: VW Mk1,Mk2, Golf, Polo 86c Coupe S/GT steel wheels

Set of four 13” rims plus spare wheel with tyre. Will fit all variants of mk1, mk2 & mk2F polo from 1976 to 1994. Will also fit mk1 & mk2 Golf or indeed any car with the correct hub bolt pattern. 

5 1/2J x 13H2 ET38
      Bolt pattern is 4x100mm.

The spare wheel with tyre is the last original from my polo coupe S which has been externally repainted to a good standard. On the inside the rim has a degree of rust which has been tidied up a bit but not as good as the other four rims. This was sprayed in VW satin silver paint code: LB7Z. Spare wheel has a tyre on it which has a fair degree of tread but as its an old tyre there are some fine cracks. It does hold air pressure absolutely fine though so it could be used but it’s up to you.

The four rims are ones that I purchased from Germany a few years ago which where rust free examples which I then stripped back and repainted for my project car. However I then decided to do a rear disc conversion on the car and the 13” rims didn’t fit so I went with another option and the rims went into storage. However, after having a clear out I found that the paint had allot of thin cracks in it and I realised that the lacquer must have reacted with the underlying paint as it wasn’t compatible. So I sanded them back again and got as far as painting two of them in primer, however I could see that the paint wasn’t taking properly and to really do the wheels justice they need sand blasting back before repainting. Since I’m not using them now I wasn’t going to do this but this is why two of them are currently painted yellow.

Aside from the paint issues the rims themselves are straight and rust free. A sand blast and repaint would bring them up to a very good condition that would look great.

Collection from Abingdon in Oxfordshire. Collection from Basingstoke or Newport south wales may also be a possibility as I travel through there reasonably frequently, this would depend on the dates and times though. Alternatively I am happy for you to arrange your own courier.

Please note that i have also listed these on ebay.

£120.00 but im open to offers.

Thanks!
    • Benjamin0365
      By Benjamin0365
      Where to source a roof rack for my polo 86c mk2?? 

New to this looking for a roof rack for the hatchback/not coupe slanted back polo. Thanks guys something like this photo

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines