Notice to Hotmail/Gmail & BT Internet users - Please check your SPAM/JUNK folders for our emails. Please add our email as a contact to your email account.
Light/Dark Mode Enabled: You can now select the option by clicking the moon/lightbulb in the top right corner!

Mk2 1.3 engine blown, best option for replacement

Nigel Baker

Hi all

The engine in my mk2 coupe s has just died, need some options for the best replacement. I am guessing that the engine from a mk2f will fit, but don't want to change too much wiring, so would I be able to run the mk2f engine with a carb? Any advice or ideas for good replacements will help. Thanks

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nigel Baker

• steveo3002

• kiran_182

Top Posters In This Topic

steveo3002

2f is basicly the same engine , although the cam has no fuel pump drive and the hole for the fuel pump isnt drilled in the head

• 2 weeks later...
Nigel Baker

Not sure if it's terminal or not at the moment, will have too look into it when I get the chance. Basically made a loud clater on start up then ran ruff and very down on power. Looked into a few things checking fuel and spark etc. Try turning it over when it made the same sound only worse and then would not turn over. May not be terminal but defiantly not great !!!