MatthewDey

Polo9N3

MatthewDey

I have a polo 1.4 9n3 16v. I am wondering if anyone knows how easy or hard it is to fit a turbo to my car. Obviously I wouldn’t be installing anything to crazy just a small turbo to boost my car. I have seen people saying this isn’t good for the car but surely a small turbo with all the correct additionals needed wouldn’t cause any major problems? 

caretakerplus

Welcome to the Forum.

To start with, may I say that anything IS possible, but not everything is economically possible.

Fitting a turbo to your car, probably comes under the latter.

The most reliable engines with a turbo on them, are engines that have been designed to have a turbo.

For a start, your naturally aspirated engine will have a compression ratio that is too high to accept a turbo, so that would need to be lowered.

You also have the problem of arranging an oil supply and a return.

The fuel system may not cope with the extra air.

It is quite possible to overcome all of these problems and others beside, but as I said above, is it economically possible, or would it be better to have a larger engine, or even a larger car?

Regards

LR5V
On 30/11/2018 at 15:56, MatthewDey said:

I am wondering if anyone knows how easy or hard it is to fit a turbo to my car. 

its Hard

On 30/11/2018 at 15:56, MatthewDey said:

Obviously I wouldn’t be installing anything to crazy just a small turbo to boost my car. 

you may as well go crazy as the cost will be nearly the same.