Eskey

In the spring '2017  the clutch was broken, when i was driving up to the home where i living, the clutch pedal has dropped down by the action of foot and not moved up.

After towing the polo to the garage, I have started to unscrew
 gearbox:

1.jpg.b12d26edc96b3bfbe4324dde3e7ec515.jpg

When I removed the box, a part of the clutch bearing fell out of the clutch casing, and at the moment I understood - clutch is wasted))

2.jpg.9f4d99e98205b29d269f34e26c583c4d.jpg

A new clutch kit was ordered, but components from different manufacturers:

6.jpg.6820f479ffa4a3924fc46bc3623b5aa7.jpg

clutch cover that was broken and which is broked out a clutch bearing is rightside:

7.jpg.14533d9facf0bc91601d376546097325.jpg

Also have changed the bearing pilot and clutch release fork lever.

5.jpg.86f756a3cccafbf097b3a7badaed4f58.jpg

Then I opened the box to replace the second speed synchronizer assembly:

3.jpg.59aed096135b927872b6b9beaa467c97.jpg

4.jpg.148e222ed61d83ac222bf6d57b9330d4.jpg

I also had to inspect the fuel tank neck, because fuel was leaking on parking place:

8.thumb.jpg.780fa5e1ae8158c1f246f8420b8453f4.jpg

And so I again faced the limitation of 2Mb and now need to bow out, bye everyone.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• dpalmer_220992
      By dpalmer_220992
      Evening all

I was just wondering if anyone can tell me if the front bumper of a 9n3 polo comes apart, mainly the part in the middle, I'm wanting to paint it black like the gti. I know I could do it by just masking the bumper off but it'd be much easier and i'd get a better finish if I could remove the centre section and paint it indoors.

Thanks in advance, Dan
    • dpalmer_220992
      By dpalmer_220992
      I'll try and keep this brief and if anyone is seriously interested then please message me.

I'm selling my partners mk2 polo coupe s  which has roughly 63000 miles on the clock, engine and gearbox are both okay and have been running daily for the past 5 years with no issues. The engine does have an oil leak though. The body over all is a bit tired with multiple dents and scratches but it won't take too long for someone with the know how to put straight. Interior is pretty good apart from the drivers seat which has started to go.

The only reason for sale though however is that it was written off about 3 weeks ago, after being rear ended which is absolutely gutting to be honest (CAT S). The plan was to restore her over the years but I don't think it'll happen any time soon and it will soon rot being stored outside with bare metal showing. Although it has been written off as 'structural' I personally only think it's the exterior body panels that have been bent as it drives as straight as it did before the crash. 

Ideally I want to sell the car as a whole, minus a few parts that I will be keeping for myself, mainly the distributor unit as I replaced it very recently, I will however leave it on to show the car running and I will only remove it once payment has been taken. There will be a few other small parts that I think I will keep.

The car will need to be towed or trailed away from Mansfield, Nottinghamshire.

Please message me for any more info as I have just made this quick advert before going to work.

Thanks Dan

(Update)
      I'll list a few things the car has;
      - ATS cups, need a refurb but all have very good tyres
      - Heater motor changed recently
      - Lowered all round
      - Good service history
      - Cambelt and water pump change a year or so ago
      - New clutch a few years ago
      - 5 speed box
      - Interior in very good shape apart from the driver's seat

• breadvan baker
      By breadvan baker
      Up for sale is my Mk 2 Polo , very good all round condition. Features a 1272cc engine with single point injection coupled to a 5 speed gear box. 

It's not going to win the traffic lights grand prix, but it's no slouch either , and of course is very economical, not to mention cheap to insure and to tax,

An ideal first car for a young learner or new driver , or perhaps a second car for popping down the shops or taking the surf board to the beach!

Interior is in unmarked condition and everything works, including a tachometer ( extra luxury on a Polo ! )

Exterior is very good also for a 25 year old car, but there is one light dent above the rear N/S wheel arch

Sunroof winds backwards and forwards without problem as do the windows, and the rear parcel shelf is intact with no extra speaker holes.

Some service history , recent service with cam belt replaced.

So all in all , a very original little car

MOT with no advisories , until mid July 2019
    • 1vw2many
      By 1vw2many
      In need of mk2f rear hand brake bracket not the big one but the small square one on drivers side rear. 
    • MatthewDey
      By MatthewDey
      I have a polo 1.4 9n3 16v. I am wondering if anyone knows how easy or hard it is to fit a turbo to my car. Obviously I wouldn’t be installing anything to crazy just a small turbo to boost my car. I have seen people saying this isn’t good for the car but surely a small turbo with all the correct additionals needed wouldn’t cause any major problems? 

Follow: #ClubPoloUK

The Polo Social

Volkswagen Polo Owners Club

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines