Sign in to follow this  
PSWPolo

Help with my coilovers over Christmas

PSWPolo

Hello Club Poloers,

Long shot because I don't use CP too much anymore and I'm not sure how active people are on here, but I need some help over the Christmas period.

My Polo is on coilovers but I raised it ages ago, but would like to lower it back down. I don't really have any tools and I think it might be tricky as they're probably seized up. I was wondering if anyone in the Huddersfield area would be up for helping me lower it back down over Christmas? I'll be in Huddersfield from 22nd December to 1st January. Crate of beer in it for whoever can help me. Preferably someone with a decent garage space/ramp to do it in.

Cheers!

Patrick

• Like 1

kiran_182

Good place to start is spraying them with wd40 every few days to start lossening them up a shade. 

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• ChrisKnottIns
      By ChrisKnottIns
      Christmas Opening 2018 : Chris Knott

Hi all, I just wanted to thank those members who asked us to quote during the last year and those who went on cover.

Our regular opening hours are Mon-Fri 9am to 5pm and Saturday 9am to 12noon but during Christmas week we'll be operating different hours as follows:

OPENING TIMES
      Monday 24 December: OPEN 09:00-12:30
      Christmas Day: CLOSED
      Boxing Day: CLOSED
      Thursday 27 December: CLOSED
      Friday 28 December: OPEN 09:00-17:00
      Saturday 29 December: CLOSED
      Monday 31 December: OPEN 09:00-12:30
      New Year's Day: CLOSED
      Wednesday 2 January: BACK TO NORMAL

We hope you'll understand that we want to balance customer needs with our desire that staff are able to spend some quality time with their loved ones.

QUOTELINE: 0800 917 2274

RENEW ONLINE at any time
      You can pay for the straight renewal of an existing policy online by credit/debit card at https://www.chrisknott.co.uk - simply click ‘Renew Online’.

CLAIMS NOTIFICATION
      If you need to make a motor claim (not windscreen), please call our claims line on 0345 618 8316. For all other claims, please refer to your insurer’s documentation for the appropriate number to call.

May I take this opportunity to wish all members of this club/forum a peaceful Christmas and a Happy New Year.

For existing clients - thank you again for your custom, we genuinely appreciate it.

For anyone else - we hope you'll give us the opportunity to quote for your car insurance under our special 'clubs and enthusiasts' facility during 2019. In 2018 members have saved 22% on average by switching to Chris Knott (see our other forum posts).

best regards,
      Nick and the Chris Knott team
    • MonsterL35YFP
      By MonsterL35YFP
      Im fitting some coilovers to my mk2f and they came with pretty much brand new top mount bearings on the front but nothing on the rear, I'm wondering if something like mk2 golf rear top mounts will fit? They are alot cheaper and easier to find then polo ones. 
    • Flappjak
      By Flappjak
      Hi I've just brought a 6n2 it's my first German car so I'm a newbie to them, just wondering if I need to do any work to it before lowering or can I just drop it on it's arse with no problems? Tia
    • MelHiggins
      By MelHiggins
      Had my new AP coilovers fitted last night, so naturally I went to take it for a cheeky drive straight away, I put the car into gear, and went to find the biting point and there was a massive (and very loud) grinding/painful noise coming from the front of the car, the noise is happening as I approach biting point, in every gear including reverse, but it screeches for 5th + 6th.  The car starts, idles, and revs normally, the clutch appears to be working as it should, and the gears go in perfectly every time. But when I go to move something is preventing the car from sending any power to the wheels. I can't see anything visable that would cause this. 

The car was perfectly fine to drive home last night from work - not a single issue, and after coilovers were fitted this problem arose, is it just a coincidence that something else went wrong at the same time? 

Video of the screeching noise: https://youtu.be/XPhBMG-R6e4

I can't seem to find anything online that explains what is going on, so any help would be appreciated.

The car does look better lowered though, just a subtle change to start with: 

• nu99et18
      By nu99et18
      Does anyone know where i can get a pair of these spring seats for 6n polo coilovers? (arrowed in the photo)
      Or can i use the standard spring seat with coilovers? 
      Thanks

Follow: #ClubPoloUK

The Polo Social

Volkswagen Polo Owners Club

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines