PoloClassicDk

Polo Classic

nige8021

1513557322_6nheadlightswitch.jpg.94c2690152432d45b11d28526207b313.jpg

You can just about see the part number on this picture

PoloClassicDk

Mine is just plain black, no number 😕

nige8021

In that case I would suggest you search for a replacement switch from that part number listing, as although the front fascia seems to indicate it is the dual front/rear setup if on the first pull it gives your rear fog light, the only other thing that did not look correct was the picture of the contacts on the rear of your switch, there was what looked like a shorting link between two of the contacts ? does that align with either of the conctact wires for the front or rear fog light wires ?

nige8021

I've got my copy of the dealers wiring diagrams working again 🙂 and the front fog light wire is from pin 13 of the headlight switch (Grey/Yellow wire) this goes to connector P1 pin 1 on the fusebox, and comes out on connector A2 pin 8 as a White/Yellow wire this splits and goes direct to the fog light connectors, the earth for the lights is again via the fusebox on connector A1 pin 3 Brown wires

Here's a picture of the connector layout on the fusebox

941985888_CE2FogLights.gif.07991a2e10e9f3ce1ccef1592eb6b54c.gif

PoloClassicDk

Sorry for the late response it's nuts on the job atm, too many overworking hours..

Thank you for taking your time trying to help me with this, much appriciated!

upcoming weekend i'll try to get enough courage to maybe actually pull the fusebox out to see what's going on behind it, and hopefully with your diagram be able to install the ''maybe'' missing wire going to the engine froom 🙂 the last time i tried messing with the fusebox it was WAAY too stuck, i guess they used zipties or something alike to keep things in place.

PoloClassicDk

Okey quick update: I've taken out the fusebox and rearranged most of the cables since they were twisted like mad and all over the place, literally when you took the box out of the 2 brackets holding it it would still float not able to move around.

took most of the day but i followed the diagram and found out i didn't have a cable in pin A2 - pin 8, so i installed one and tested if it got any electricity when i turned and pulled out the dialswitch...And it actually did get a current through, but since it got too late and dark i haven't tested it with the lights..yet so that will have to wait for the next week, but so far so good!

Edited by PoloClassicDk

nige8021

Good to hear your making progress with this, unless you want to be totally original, I would just make local ground connections near the lights rather than running wires back to the fusebox

PoloClassicDk
19 hours ago, nige8021 said:

Good to hear your making progress with this, unless you want to be totally original, I would just make local ground connections near the lights rather than running wires back to the fusebox

Was planning on doing just that, don't really want to drag too many wires through :D i'll give an update at this week !