mcordez

Hi everyone.

I think my fuel pump is dead. At first I thought I'd ran out of fuel so put 2 Jerry cans in but still won't start.

You here the pump prime when turn the ignition on but if disconnect the hose at the the inlet only get fuel if you suck it I don't recommend this!

I know I can't get a new like for like so will need to use a universal. Any suggestions or advice would be a great help please. Thanks guys.

dvderlm

Is there a fuel filter that's not been replaced for ages?

steveo3002

first thing theres 2x pumps so work out which one 

and yes you can get the correct part still

mcordez

Yes the feul filter is very old. Where is the second pump? The only one I know of is at the rear of the car.

mcordez

Ok found the other pump the intanklift pump. Removed and tested and all ok. Took the inline pump off the one under the car couldn't knock together a 12v supply but did find you can't blow through either end suggesting to me it's blocked. Searched hi and low and can't find a replacement only universal types does anyone have a suggestion on what would be a good replacement.

steveo3002

part number seems to be 867906091(b)

unfortunelty most on ebay are listed wrong and state 1.x bar , you need the 3 bar one 

yeah a universal one will do it...be warned i had one and it sounded pretty rough , even the mrs noticed it and complained

this seems to be correct 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-VW-Fuel-Pump-NOS-VW-Polo-Derby-Vento-Ind-867906091B/143033864280?hash=item214d7b9058:g:8jMAAOSwpTBcBO9g

i have in the past found them on ebay /autodoc for less ...put some time into searching maybe you will be lucky ..be aware theres an early and late plug too  

steveo3002

also found on g40 so search for that too

mcordez

Thanks for your help think I'll be going universal genuine seems very expensive. Have found some 2nd hand ones but no guarantee they'll work and will take forever to arrive in the post.

mcordez

steveo3002

yeah i belive so ...like i say had one on mine but it sounded awefull

dunno if theres such thing as nicer quality universal ones?.....is it worth checking theres power getting to it before buying ?   i doubt you can blow though one anyway  

mcordez

Thought it go cheap and cheerful will order the one you linked to the universal only needs to last a week. Was going to test but battery nearly dead and it's cold out lol. I couldn't even blow through it which if I'm correct at most on the inside it's just an impeller and possibly a non return valve. Thank you so much for your help. Will get some pics up of the gt soon I think you'll be impressed. Had it 3 years  ly red paint code gt Breadvan all original except g40 wheels and subtle stainless exhaust. 76k even still have the original stereo in it. 

mcordez

Just Removed the pump made a 12v supply and it just clicks doesn't spin. You feel torque when it clicks then nothing. I think it's dead.

steveo3002

yeh ok does sound it