Polobear

BBY engine 1.4 16v Auto (Looking to modify for better performance )

Polobear

Hey all . And anyone who can help . I have my Bby engine 1.4 16v Auto. She doesn't pull too well and I'm looking to try and get more out of her. So far I've rebuilt everything stock. Other than some tacky arch extensions and stickers I've done nothing to modify. Rather just rebuild. My question is what can be done to the BBY engine . Could I get more power out of this engine ? Or should I be looking into swapping for another engine if so would I have any luck with a golf gti engine and box. I know its probably a done and dusted subject and probably boring . But other than finding engine swaps I can't find anything about performance parts or upgrades . Any advice would be great because she's a bit like driving a wind up toy most days 

nige8021

You could fit the cylinder head/camshafts and ECU from the BBZ 100bhp engine, but the biggest thing that's sapping the power is the Autobox