GTI front grill badge replacement?

griff

Noticed on Saturday evening that some toe rag has picked the silver G & T off my 2016 GTI front grill badge!

Have ordered a replacement but in the meantime wondering how straightforward replacing the badge will be? Is this a simple job or does the whole grill have to come out first?
Any tips to avoid snapping anything greatly appreciated!

According to the dealers manual, the whole grill does need to come off, two screws on the top and it pulls out, the badge is held in by a screw from the rear 

32 minutes ago, nige8021 said:

According to the dealers manual, the whole grill does need to come off, two screws on the top and it pulls out, the badge is held in by a screw from the rear 

bugger!

thanks for the reply - although I was really hoping it would be less of a faff
good job I didn't catch the f***er in the act

Just been looking and there seems to be two versions of the grill ? 

2605FA66-F069-4333-8F58-004A136713A2.thumb.jpeg.f9a5aebc4676c2833b9e3be7e58a9fa5.jpeg

41F79A36-E5CC-4ABB-BEF9-5C62D0A5AFA8.thumb.jpeg.ca6044dda89f9172c9b4ee44631cf1b0.jpeg

the first version appears to be a stick on and its the it’s the second one that needs the grill removed 

• Like 1

• 7 months later...