nige8021

Yeah via the main engine disconnect plugs down by the thermostat housing 

rmim
1 minute ago, nige8021 said:

If it was running before you did that, it must be something you have done to stop it from running, as I said just spinning it over won't of done anything to stop it from running

well that's good to hear I guess, I was worried that a blew the ECU or something.

I have read elsewhere you should disconnect fuel pump/ignition before performing this test - but in my rush to do the test I never bother to check how to do the test safely.

but im still stuck with the fact it's not starting. I will have to try again with a fully charged battery as it's a bit drained from trying to start it. 

nige8021

Ideally yes you would remove the fuse for the fuel pump to stop the injectors from squirting but that isn't going to stop it from starting

rmim
10 minutes ago, nige8021 said:

Ideally yes you would remove the fuse for the fuel pump to stop the injectors from squirting but that isn't going to stop it from starting

well it's all very strange then. there's nothing I could have disconnected because there is nothing to disconnect - the coil packs plug into their respective connectors which then in-turn go off somewhere, somewhere that I can't disconnect as I could never trace where they went.

It's like all 4 coil packs are dead, which cant be so, as I took them right off for the test.

I never pulled any fuses for the test. I never messed with the injectors. so it's all a mystery - unless it's something like a flat battery. i will try again tomorrow with a fully charged battery.

thank your very much for the help.

Edited by rmim

rmim

This is very annoying.

Charged the battery tried again nothing.

Read from the haynes manual I should

1.       Disconnect wiring from fuel injectors – which will give a fault code

2.       Unplug ht coils

3.       Take all spark plugs off

4.       Hold throttle wide open

Did that hoping something might bring the car to life. I cleared all codes. Still nothing.

Decided to give up and put the car back together ready to scrap it. Put all the old ht coils back put the broken wiper linage back. Put the air filter box back.

Turned the key car starts first time!

Those ebay coils are driving me nuts. I’m guessing they have all stopped working or something.

I will have to try the compression wet test another time.

Edited by rmim

dvderlm
On ‎22‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 13:26, rmim said:

Now I bought a set of 4 cheap coil packs on ebay,

Think you found the problem?

Good luck with hot,  wet compression test - will probably go up by 10 to 20 psi and may even out.