Notice to Hotmail/Gmail & BT Internet users - Please check your SPAM/JUNK folders for our emails. Please add our email as a contact to your email account.
Light/Dark Mode Enabled: You can now select the option by clicking the moon/lightbulb in the top right corner!

1977 Mk1 Polo Manila

foreststu

dvderlm

Very smart. You can fit a high lift cam with the Sorg cover (or 'Soro' as yours now reads,which is close to a direct translation from German to 'worry'). Beats me why the fins are lengthwise, if they are for cooling.

• Like 1
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• foreststu

• setch

• dvderlm

• Lovejoy

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Start of another car. Picked up this car recently which is in need of a bit of work to put it mildly plus in need of a lot of new parts. 1977 Polo L in Manilla Green with Tobacco interior. Here's what

Loving the Ziebart sticker, my grandad had a Cortina with the same one. It worked well, there wasn't a spot of rust on the sticker.   The rest of the car..... different story.

Got the glass and brightwork fitted except for the tailgate chrome strip and the front/rear screen chrome-bead. Starting to look more complete with the grill placed in but not fitted yet as I forgot t

Posted Images

Lovejoy

Looking great! Engine looks amazing, Cannot wait to see it in your polo 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, dvderlm said:

Very smart. You can fit a high lift cam with the Sorg cover (or 'Soro' as yours now reads,which is close to a direct translation from German to 'worry'). Beats me why the fins are lengthwise, if they are for cooling.

cos they look cool :P

• Like 1
foreststu
7 hours ago, dvderlm said:

4 minutes ago, setch said:

cos they look cool 😛

Having the fins at 90 degrees to the air flow will cause more turbulence with small circular eddies pulling more heat away from the cover and drawing cooler 'fresh' air in to their wake.  If the fins were in-line with the air flow front-to-back then they would create laminar flow so less efficient heat removal. That said it's probably not so technical and, as @setch says, they just look cool! 😆

• Love it 1
1vw2many
On 10/01/2022 at 18:59, foreststu said:

Happy New Year all!

Santa was very generous and put a Sorg Motorsport valve cover under the tree for me. Granted I had to track it down, buy it, ship it from Germany and have a local machining company turn a plug and weld it in to block off an oil return from its previous life on a WL Motorsport race car. But still, better than socks!

spacer.png

I've also cleaned up the HH block using paint stripper, a wire wheel and then some gloss black Hycote engine enamel.

spacer.png

spacer.png

The gearbox next although it's much dirtier and with more crevices so not looking forward to starting that right now! 

Great work. The gearbox is easy I have done a few now. I'm currently cleaning my 1970 beetle gearbox now that's hard work compared.

20220103_192653~3.jpg

• Like 1