feeblington

6n2 roof rack help

feeblington

Ive tried searching the forum. Google. The lot ...no luck

I qm trying to find out what type of mounting the 6n2 has (5 door) and ho2 to do it. I have a set of door jam rqcks but would rather do it properly. Cheers all

feeblington

Excuse my typing im high on hospitla meds and have fat fingers and a small phone 😁

nige8021

There are four flaps in the trim strips along the roof line, these flip up to reveal the hooks that the roof bars lock onto

Here's the sort of fitting that grabs the hooks https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Roof-Bars-Rack-75KG-Model-Custom-Direct-fits-VW-Polo-MK3-3-5-door-1994-2001-/122754706328

1291898884_6N2RoofRails.thumb.png.4b0464ba5c9c7ce9ef1475b87e1a65b6.png

You can see the flaps in the 10A &10B items

feeblington

Yea i saw them. What type of mounting is it. I cant find out. Cheers

nige8021

The ones in the ebay link are the type of connections you require, you tighten the screw and the claws grip the hooks under the flaps on the roof

feeblington

Ah. So theyre custom to this car..ish. ive been given 2 sets of roof bars. No wonder iv3 been scratching my head...

What do i search for to find adaptors. ?

6n2 cuetom roof mounts?

nige8021

If the roof bars are Thule or Halfords, you can buy just the correct mounting feet for the 6N2  Like this https://roofracks.co.uk/Thule-Fit-Guide/_-/?make=Volkswagen&model=Polo&type=4-door-Hatchback&rails=with-fixpoints&modelYear=1995-to-2001&id=67

Watched the video in that link and they are different to the ones I had for my Polo, as they show them being screwed into the roof