Sign in to follow this  
zob

OEM Bush sourcing reccomendation

zob

I have trouble getting to the local VAG parts supplier near me and I've been looking at replacing a bunch / all of my bushes (rear ones have separated from their shell on one side and is creaking under load), thus I've been digging around online to source some replacements.

Has anyone got any reccomendations for good quality OEM-style bushes online? Plenty pop up on a search but they're from what seem like a hundred different manufacturers - no idea who is trustworthy or not.

I'd prefer to keep the car as original as possible so would prefer to stay with rubber bushes, unless of course someone has reason to persuade me otherwise..

Alternatively if there are any bush brands people think should be avoided like the plague it would be good to know!

yeha

Your'e usually safe with brands like Febi Bilstein or Meyle. I like searching Autodoc with the VW part no. to find the manufacturers part no. and then using that on ebay and google.

• Like 1

1vw2many

Another one for Autodoc  I have ordered loads from them . As about all those brands are great.

• Like 1

zob

Brilliant, thanks for the pointers! I'll go with Febi.

zob

Got the bushes, now I'm fairly sure after a look underneath that I'm going to have to do something drastic at some point and those old bolts aren't going to be able to be re-used!

7zap says M10x80 for the swing pivot bolts

https://volkswagen.7zap.com/en/rdw/polo+derby+vento-ind/po/1993-120/5/500-35000/#29

And i'm guessing they should be 10.9 HT steel? Would something like this do the job?:

https://www.margnor.co.uk/168m10x80.html

Same goes for the lower shock mounting bolts (might do the shocks while I'm at it / might remove the whole beam for a proper clean and repaint) - 7zap says they're M10x82 (think the OEM ones are tapered at the point), would 80mm do?

Bit loathe to go for official bolts on ebay if they're £5+ each but will do if its definitely worth it.

For nuts should they be the same 10.9 steel in locknut (maybe nyloc) shape?

nige8021

Please do not skimp on the nuts/ bolts, get the genuine ones yes they might be a bit dearer but better that than have the bolts shear and leave the axle dragging along behind as you head for the bridge parapet on the motorway at 70mph 

steveo3002

wouldnt have an issue using the correct spec bolts myself

Edited by steveo3002

zob

I'll see what I can find in terms of OEM bolts, shame there isn't a parts counter accessible near me, would make things much easier!

nige8021

I think the lower shock bolts I got for my Octy were from AVS carparts ? so might pay to have a look on their site, they might do all the ones you need 

• Like 1