Conor S Knight

Help needed with 6n door lock please

Conor S Knight

Afternoon,

So my drivers side lock isn't working. Key will turn but wont lock or unlock the door. I've looked into taking the handle off to get a batter look but as is a 99 6n, it requires a special tool. Has anyone on here got one or know of where to get one? or if you have any other idea about how to fix, I'm all ears.

I've added a few photos of the bolt that needs removing.

Thanks in advance

IMG_20190525_141137.jpg

nige8021

First welcome to the forum.

That's a standard TORX screw, you can buy the tools from Halfords or any motor supliers.

The problem will almost certainly be the "paddle" on the end of the lock will of snapped of, plenty of repair kits available on ebay https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-POLO-DOOR-LOCK-REPAIR-KIT-FRONT-RIGHT/322545947519?fits=Model%3APolo&hash=item4b193c937f:g:hfsAAOSwyWZZUVIy

Conor S Knight

Thanks a lot! managed to get it out and stripped. Paddle is ruined and other parts are mashed up too. Current plan is buy a new handle and take the parts I need off to fix original