Notice to Hotmail/Gmail & BT Internet users - Please check your SPAM/JUNK folders for our emails. Please add our email as a contact to your email account.
Light/Dark Mode Enabled: You can now select the option by clicking the moon/lightbulb in the top right corner!

Mk 2f - Head gasket 1L torque setting

Seamy2700

Iv had my beloved polo for a few months now..... its slowly getting there. Most recently ive had a leaky head gasket which is costing me a fortune in cardboard for the garage floor😂😂. Gasket was changed before it came into my ownership and not sure whether it was ever torqued down again after settling in. Would anyone have settings the gasket should be torqued to when tightening for the second time?  Any help is greatly appreciated :)

20190423_192841.jpg

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Seamy2700

• steveo3002

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

steveo3002

theyre not torqued again after running the car 

not too expensive to replace

what size tyres are on that...do they clear the stock arches? 

Seamy2700

Ahh i see, thanks. Has anyone got the torque settings handy?.  Tyres are 195/45 r14's. Yeah they clear the arches no problem. The rides surprisingly comfy and handles pretty well too on them. 

steveo3002

40nm then 60nm , then turn an extra 180 degrees ...so you cant check it really

Seamy2700

Thanks very much 🙂 il get a new one ordered pronto. Are they prone to wearing fast? Any brands better than others? 🙂

steveo3002

common to leak on the front corner 

dunno on brand really...ive always gone with elring but my last one isnt holding up great

Seamy2700

Thats exactly where mines is leaking too haha. Maybe just part of polo ownership 😂. Mine isnt too bad at present. Few drops at most underneath after a decent drive. Its just annoying more than anything. Appreciate the help dude 🙂

steveo3002

with previous head jobs ive put the thinest smear of sealer around that hole and had no leaks...this time i did it by the book and its leaking 

shouldnt need it , but might be worth thinking about