Andy.Polo

Top mount advice please, mk3 Saloon lowered on JOMs

Andy.Polo

Hello and thanks to anyone who reads this and replies! OK so I have a mk3 polo saloon 6kv2, lowered on JOM coilovers. Currently got the car in the garage for a few things, one being the front top mounts and bearings. The mechanic is telling me he's tried to fit stock size top mounts but they would be dangerous in combination with the lowered springs so I need to find the top mounts that go with the coilovers or that are suited for a lowered car. I hope this is making sense to someone because I'm still learning! So I've found some JOM (JOM 740503) top mounts to fit my car and they do say that they are suited for lowered cars, is this definitely what I need? Also are the powerflex -10mm the same kind of deal? I'm hoping somone can tell me exactly what I need so I can buy the right set first time round! The mechanic basically said I can't use standard top mounts and need ones to suit coilovers??? I really appreciate any replies as the car is sat in the garage until I turn up with the right parts! 

Thankyou fellow Polo owners.

received_364824414237454.jpeg

Andy.Polo

After doing some reading on here maybe I have the wrong coilies all together and I'm currently facing the 6n/6n2 top mount compatability issue?? They're fitted fine but the front top mounts are making that lovely knocking sound - anyone got any ideas what I need to make it work or do I need to swap the front suspension completely? 

nige8021

First Welcome to the forum.

As you have the 6kv it uses very few components from the 6N1/2 it has more in common with the Seat Cordoba and on that the front end is closer related to the Golf

Andy.Polo

Hi Nige, thanks for the reply, I appreciate it. Any idea on the top mounts? I know it's closer related to the Cordoba and Golf, the mechanic has confirmed the suspension fits fine but I need after market top mounts, ones that are matched to the coilovers. If anyone could link me to the correct top mounts I would be eternally grateful.

Thanks again

Andy.Polo

Any advice anyone? Top mounts for polo classic 6kv, 2001, JOM coilovers?