Josh89

Hello just wondering if anyone can help, 

i have got a 1989 mk2 polo coupe S, I recently did an engine swap for a mk1 golf 1.3 on suzuki bike carbs. The only issue i am having is getting the original polo ignition loom to work with the mk1 golf distributor as my polo was originally electronic ignition and had a 3 prong plug where as the golf distributor is points and condenser with just a single plug (shown in picture) i have tried swapping the distributor but it does not fit and i am not able to swap the plug over on the distributor housing. Just wondering if anyone had a solution to my problem👍🏼 Thanks in advance!

A71CB2CA-2710-4EFD-BE62-63CD84FEEE29.jpeg

steveo3002

get the later dizzy ?  would be correct for the age of the car then

Josh89
16 minutes ago, steveo3002 said:

get the later dizzy ?  would be correct for the age of the car then

I have the polo dizzy but the inside part that connects to the cam is completely different 

steveo3002

so its a early solid lifter car ?  

caretakerplus

Welcome to the Forum.

If you wish to keep the 'points and condenser'  distributor, it would pay to fit a 12volt coil, connecting the positive (+) terminal to the ignition switch wire and the negative (-) terminal to the terminal on the distributor.

Regards