Kieran Ward

Hi there, new to the forum.

I own a 1987 mk2 polo fox coupe. The car has been restored inside and out but i am now looking for more power. The car currently runs the 1.0L 4 speed engine. I am wondering what swaps have people carried out and how easy it is. Looking into a vr6 swap at the moment. Any suggestions or can anyone point me in the right direction. Cheers

received_527279564852171.jpeg

steveo3002

vr6 is a massive undertaking , cut away the structure of the car so it physicly fits , new mounts /make subframe , engine will hit the steering and brake m/c   , very involved nothing like the swaps into golfs where its all bolt on

Kieran Ward
3 hours ago, steveo3002 said:

vr6 is a massive undertaking , cut away the structure of the car so it physicly fits , new mounts /make subframe , engine will hit the steering and brake m/c   , very involved nothing like the swaps into golfs where its all bolt on

Yeah steve after doing a bit of research i can see that the vr6 swap i had in my head is completely out the window 😂 the more realistic swap seems to be a 1.3 gt engine or a 1.4 from a golf. Whats your opinon?

steveo3002

yes , gt/3f , or the afh 16v from a 6n are easy choices...anything small block is reasonably easy , 1600 aae(i think)  goes in too

Kieran Ward
7 minutes ago, steveo3002 said:

yes , gt/3f , or the afh 16v from a 6n are easy choices...anything small block is reasonably easy , 1600 aae(i think)  goes in too

Its trying to find one. Im from Derry, Northern Ireland so would more than likely have to get one courierd from England. Cant seem to find anything out there at the moment.

Black dog

Seen your car about, looks really well. So much so I had to stop and take a picture of it donegal rally weekend. 

Can't seem to upload the photo tho. 

Recently bought an engine for my own one, I bought the 1.4 16v afh engine. 

Kieran Ward
On 17/10/2019 at 23:01, Black dog said:

Seen your car about, looks really well. So much so I had to stop and take a picture of it donegal rally weekend. 

Can't seem to upload the photo tho. 

Recently bought an engine for my own one, I bought the 1.4 16v afh engine. 

Cheers lad. Planning on bagging it over this winter. Then maybe an engine swap in its future at some point. Where you the guy stopped in the middle of the road to get out and take a picture by any chance 😂

Black dog
5 hours ago, Kieran Ward said:

Cheers lad. Planning on bagging it over this winter. Then maybe an engine swap in its future at some point. Where you the guy stopped in the middle of the road to get out and take a picture by any chance 😂

Yeah that was me, with the blue ford jacket being driven about in a Lexus hybrid🤔 Drunken times! 

Thought your car was class!