Notice to Hotmail/Gmail & BT Internet users - Please check your SPAM/JUNK folders for our emails. Please add our email as a contact to your email account.
Light/Dark Mode Enabled: You can now select the option by clicking the moon/lightbulb in the top right corner!

Polo 9N 2002 immobiliser problem

neil the sparky

Good evening all, hopefully someone may be able to help me with a problem I have with my daughters 2002 polo 9n?

When we brought the car it only came with 1 key (non flip style) the little torch part didn't work so I set about sorting that out, when I opened the black part of the key I noticed that there was no immobiliser chip in it, not too much of an issue straight away but now I have followed the very good instructions from here on adding remote central locking using VW module I have a bit of a problem.

The car will start and run fine with the original key (with no chip in it) but the new flip style key (with a chip in it) won't start it, its starts then stops (immobiliser working).

I you start the car with the original key then stop, take it out and start with the flip key, the car starts and runs but the immobiliser warning light on the dash flashes!!

I thought perhaps the chip from the original key was attached to the ignition barrel but looked today and cant see it!!

Does anyone have any ideas??

Thanks in advance

Neil 

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• neil the sparky

• nige8021

Top Posters In This Topic

nige8021

First Welcome to the forum.

There will be a chip in the original key, it's a glass tube about 3mm dia 10mm long the chip in the new flip key will need to be paired to the immobiliser and to do that you need to read the immobiliser pin code with VagTacho or VagCommander and then with that pin you need VCDS to pair the new chip

neil the sparky

Cheers for the reply nige8021

thats where the issue is, the little glass transponder isn’t in the original key, thought the previous owner might have had an issue and stuck the key to the ignition barrel but couldn’t see anything there!