Notice to Hotmail/Gmail & BT Internet users - Please check your SPAM/JUNK folders for our emails. Please add our email as a contact to your email account.
Light/Dark Mode Enabled: You can now select the option by clicking the moon/lightbulb in the top right corner!

Does anyone know where I can get an exhaust for my mk2f saloon?

Theres seems to be plenty of mk2 coupe and breadvan exhausts around, but i cant seem to find any for a saloon.

I am planning on putting a new stainless manifold on and would like the pipe to be 2" all the way, but i don't know if this would be really hard to find?

Would it be something i would have to custom-fabricate? (and buy a welder)?

Thanks

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Samson

• zob

• steveo3002

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Are you looking for a Polo exhaust (i.e., flex pipe, middle silencer, rear silencer) at OEM sizes or are you looking for something different? If OEM: https://volkswagen.7zap.com/en/rdw/polo+derby

Posted Images

Are you looking for a Polo exhaust (i.e., flex pipe, middle silencer, rear silencer) at OEM sizes or are you looking for something different? If OEM:

https://volkswagen.7zap.com/en/rdw/polo+derby+vento-ind/po/1991-120/2/253-25010/

https://volkswagen.7zap.com/en/rdw/polo+derby+vento-ind/po/1991-120/2/253-25020/

Google the part numbers or pop them into something like Autodoc's search field - all the ones i tried showed examples for sale. I should imagine you're going to have to do some fabricating and exhaust fitting anyway - every exhaust piece I've bought recently needed some minor changes to fit properly thanks to a variety of exhaust parts my polo has collected over the years! If you're looking for something custom then you'll need to either find a tame exhaust fitter/fabricator or have a crack at doing it yourself.

I may be wrong but the saloon should be the same underneath - the parts might hang from different points (and so need fitting differently) but as you can see there aren't many options, VW wern't in the habit of using too many 'bespoke' parts eh.

• Like 1
steveo3002
9 minutes ago, zob said:

I may be wrong but the saloon should be the same underneath - the parts might hang from different points (and so need fitting differently) but as you can see there aren't many options, VW wern't in the habit of using too many 'bespoke' parts eh.

should be identical apart from a longer tailpipe ?

17 minutes ago, steveo3002 said:

should be identical apart from a longer tailpipe ?

Aye thats what I would have thought - might even be the same pipe, just sits a bit further forward than on a bready. The pic above, if an original back box, looks further forward than on mine (which sticks out aft like a sore thumb).

Thanks for the help! No the exhaust on it was fitted in the last 5 years so it’s still good, I just wanted to get better flow/ accommodate future mods/get a better sound.
I already have a 2” stainless manifold, so I was wondering if there was an easier way to get an exhaust thats 2” all the way, than having to fabricate it myself / find a tame welder. 

...yes it is currently hanging on the wall 

image.jpg