Notice to Hotmail/Gmail & BT Internet users - Please check your SPAM/JUNK folders for our emails. Please add our email as a contact to your email account.
Light/Dark Mode Enabled: You can now select the option by clicking the moon/lightbulb in the top right corner!

Willysmiles build thread

Willysmiles

Willysmiles

Time for some boost, 

eaton m45 charger from an r53 mini.  Carbs from a Yamaha tdm850 3vd two stroke motorbike.     Plan is to use a GK inlet manifold with an adapter plate to fit the charger on top.    This will be a draw through setup much they they have commonly developed for the classic minis. I’ll be making my own manifold to fit the tdm carbs to the charger intake. 
engine will come out after I’ve made all the parts so I can prep it for boost.  Aiming for around 150hp at the wheels 

8FF2BEDA-2CE8-442D-86E2-A0E164C08FC3.jpeg

B8B05095-5306-4E6D-8DDD-9FF33B92F51C.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willysmiles

• Jim1500

• dvderlm

• damunk

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Great looking coupe dude, keep the pics coming!   That an 86ish Sunny estate I can see peaking into first pic?

Love that!! A neighbour had one that was identical to that other than the wheeltrims. My dad has driven Datsun/Nissan since the 70s so I've a huge soft spot for them.

Looks great, same colour as the one I'm working on at the moment. Any chance you've got a link to where you got the radiator and fan from? 

Posted Images

There's a support bar from block to inlet manifold that I suggest you obtain or copy

to support the weight of manifold plus eaton plus carbs with belt drive on the eaton.

052129723d

• Like 1
Willysmiles
2 minutes ago, dvderlm said:

There's a support bar from block to inlet manifold that I suggest you obtain or copy

to support the weight of manifold plus eaton plus carbs with belt drive on the eaton.

052129723d

Cheers man,
 my plan was to use my old support bracket as a rough template and make an adjustable rose jointed and aluminium hex support, that picks up from the same points.     Reason for the adjustment is the bracket might pull the gk manifold as it’s not original to the mh engine.  

• Like 1
Willysmiles
Just now, steveo3002 said:

wouldnt worry too much , gt and g40 didnt have a brace on the inlet

Gt and g40 had the charger mounted up front so the manifold didn’t take the weight.    Mine will have the charger and carbs on top of the manifold so it will be too much without the brace.  

• 1 month later...

hello from the netherlands!

i've checked your build a few times and it looks really good. you know how to modify the polo!
I also saw you used the 264 camshaft, have you had it in your polo? did it run good with it? mine should come in a few days but i'm desperately searching for reviews.

keep up the build! :D

Willysmiles
On 19/01/2021 at 09:58, admafa said:

hello from the netherlands!

i've checked your build a few times and it looks really good. you know how to modify the polo!
I also saw you used the 264 camshaft, have you had it in your polo? did it run good with it? mine should come in a few days but i'm desperately searching for reviews.

keep up the build! :D

264 runs great thanks buddy,   I’ve had it for about 8 months now and it’s transformed the power above 3k revs.     I’m going to be putting something slightly more aggressive when I install the supercharger. 

• 4 weeks later...
Willysmiles

Little update,  scored a g40 (PY) engine for £200. The cylinder head shown is just an aav for now.   Also some rear louvres from Poland, I’ll get them crinkle black powder coated.   G40 will be fully rebuilt before I fit it to the car; however I’ve still got a lot of machining to do. 

A7409622-FA6C-4377-A9D4-233E6FD6DA46.jpeg

CBFDD142-86B1-4DD3-8F80-2147B10135B6.jpeg

• Like 1

wow amazing louvre! is it custom made?

block is looking great, i admire the dedication to the project !

greetings from netherlands 🙂

• Like 1
Willysmiles
56 minutes ago, admafa said:

wow amazing louvre! is it custom made?

block is looking great, i admire the dedication to the project !

greetings from netherlands 🙂

Cheers man,  the Louvre is made by a company called prantom from Facebook

• Like 1

that's awesome man! did you just buy it out of stock? might wanna cop one for my polo too!! :D

can't wait to see a pic of it once it's spray painted !