Notice to Hotmail/Gmail & BT Internet users - Please check your SPAM/JUNK folders for our emails. Please add our email as a contact to your email account.
Light/Dark Mode Enabled: You can now select the option by clicking the moon/lightbulb in the top right corner!

1.2 engine rattle noise !

Richard clacton

Hi I have a immaculate 1.2 o7 plate polo that I bought 7 months ago one lady owner and has covered 66,000 miles it has had regular oil and filter changes is this now considered high mileage  now for this engine?  as it has a strange  slight rattle and  a knocking noise at high rpm approximately 3000 rpm under very light load  but Completely Disappears under heavy load of heavy acceleration  ! I was told that this is very strange as if it is engine knock it’s normally the other way around as anyone had this same experience?   I have considered going up a step in oil to 5w 40 instead of 5w30 has anyone tried this .  this car has never been thrashed  Or I’ll treated in its life ! Please help it is driving me insane ! As I want it running perfect 

many thanks. Richard 

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Richard clacton

• caretakerplus

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

caretakerplus

Welcome to the Forum.

First of all, I wouldn't call 66,000 particularly high mileage, especially as it seems to have had regular oil/filter changes.

Attempting to diagnose a problem from the description of a noise is quite difficult, and you could end up forming the wrong opinion.

Is there any chance that you can put us up a recording/video of the noise - that would help to give you a more accurate diagnosis.

There is quite a good chance that the noise is nothing to worry about, or that it is caused by some easily remedied problem.

Regards