9n3 plastic fasteners under front bumper

JJ58

I have a scrape on my front bumper and I'm wanting to remove it so that u can repair it myself during quarentine, all the bolts have come off fine, but the plastic fasteners underneath won't budge. I've been using some plastic pry tools but they just pop off, wondering if anyone has any tips and tricks for removing them they can share. I swear plastic clips are the strongest things known to man 😂

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JJ58

• Yeti

• Pete1

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think they are the type where you have to push a central peg in/upwards first, which then allows the thing to pull out easily?

According to this page that was wrong, they look like this:

1619092309_Screenshot2020-04-1119_13_49.png.0e4c9c28288b5f377a7d480bb6a3a827.png

So it looks like you have to pull  (just) the central mushroom-shaped bit downward first, that then releases the other part?

Edited by Pete1

They're normally the ones where you push the very centre piece of of in. If you push right in the centre with a 2mm drill bit, they should release