Notice to Hotmail/Gmail & BT Internet users - Please check your SPAM/JUNK folders for our emails. Please add our email as a contact to your email account.
Light/Dark Mode Enabled: You can now select the option by clicking the moon/lightbulb in the top right corner!

HELP 6C stereo/wiring diagram quadlock

adamsuddaby

PLEASE HELP! Trying to wire up an active sub I just need to know which wires are for the rear speakers and which wire to tap in remote turn on wire. Does anyone have the wiring diagram/ colour codes? Cant find anything at all anywhere and dealers arent being any help.

Thanks,

Adam.

11B7E956-B6FF-424A-9B3A-92C274C491A2.jpeg

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• adamsuddaby

• nige8021

• Yeti

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeti

Remote power is normally blue by itself. Which head unit do you have as it may have line level outs?

adamsuddaby
2 hours ago, Yeti said:

Remote power is normally blue by itself. Which head unit do you have as it may have line level outs?

Hi mate, there is no solid blue wire or any wire obvious to be remote power. Its just a 2016 6C GTI head unit, my cars the 1.8 cupra though can imagine the wiring is identical though. Seat/seat forums havn’t been able to help. There must be a diagram 

nige8021

I've just seen your PM not sure where you saw the pdf? but I've just looked at the diagrams and descriptions in Elsawin and there is no switched output from the radio, there is only a live supply going to the radio and it is told to switch ON via the Canbus 

adamsuddaby
2 minutes ago, nige8021 said:

I've just seen your PM not sure where you saw the pdf? but I've just looked at the diagrams and descriptions in Elsawin and there is no switched output from the radio, there is only a live supply going to the radio and it is told to switch ON via the Canbus 

I’ll attach a screenshot of the thread, the guy was needing the same info as me. Okay well I could probably tap the remote wire for the amp into one of the wires for radio/display etc. just need to know whats what. I may have to remove the rear door cards to find out rear speaker wiring colours if there is no diagram/wire colour list. CF6F9007-90CF-458A-9321-9E758CA56C8F.thumb.jpeg.5dbe0d820d6c435493f8ae6826c7d628.jpeg

nige8021

Not sure why you were unable to download it I've just downloaded it Polo 6C Radio.pdf

adamsuddaby
6 minutes ago, nige8021 said:

Not sure why you were unable to download it I've just downloaded it Polo 6C Radio.pdf

Its working now mate cheers wont show the first page though. Very confusing diagrams hahaha I can’t tell if it has the info I require. Are you able to see the first page? There must surely be like a list stating which colour wire is for what somewhere, thanks

adamsuddaby

Okay, using the diagram I believe i have figured out which wires the rear speakers are 😁 just now to find a wire I can connect my remote turn on wire to.

nige8021

Normally in the maintenance manual side of Elsawin, it gives a breakdown of what each wire connected to the radio does, but not in this case and having looked at the wiring diagrams I can't see any definite switched 12v output from the radio, so you might need to use an "Ignition ON" supply piggybacked off a fuse to switch your amp on ?

Yeti
9 hours ago, adamsuddaby said:

Hi mate, there is no solid blue wire or any wire obvious to be remote power. Its just a 2016 6C GTI head unit, my cars the 1.8 cupra though can imagine the wiring is identical though. Seat/seat forums havn’t been able to help. There must be a diagram 

No worries, we're not snobs, we'll help anyone. I've had a few Seats myself when I couldn't afford a VW :razz:. Worth putting in what car it is at the start though because there can be subtle differences. 

There's a guide here https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?threads/installing-a-sub-amp-with-parrot-or-aftermarket-radio.403310/ is it any help? I like their idea of using a passthrough loom for a Parrot handsfree to save chopping OE wiring. 

adamsuddaby
7 hours ago, nige8021 said:

Normally in the maintenance manual side of Elsawin, it gives a breakdown of what each wire connected to the radio does, but not in this case and having looked at the wiring diagrams I can't see any definite switched 12v output from the radio, so you might need to use an "Ignition ON" supply piggybacked off a fuse to switch your amp on ?

Is the cigarette lighter definetly not on there? That turns on and off with the ignition so would be the ideal one to use. By ignition ON supply do you mean the wires coming directly from the ignition switch? Thanks

adamsuddaby
14 minutes ago, Yeti said:

No worries, we're not snobs, we'll help anyone. I've had a few Seats myself when I couldn't afford a VW :razz:. Worth putting in what car it is at the start though because there can be subtle differences. 

There's a guide here https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?threads/installing-a-sub-amp-with-parrot-or-aftermarket-radio.403310/ is it any help? I like their idea of using a passthrough loom for a Parrot handsfree to save chopping OE wiring. 

Hahaha cheers mate i did used to have a polo 6r, then went to a leon fr then to the cupra. Was a tough choice between that and the 6c. However, the vw owners groups are far more active and therefore usually more helpful/knowledgable. I did give that one a read but seems too complex for me haha i’m trying to go off of youtube tutorials but having a seat is somehow making it very difficult 😂

adamsuddaby

Hi again guys, i do massively appreciate the help by the way, and I don’t know if you guys will know the answer but any insight is helpful. The photo I have attached shows what i believe is the 12v + (black and blue) I don’t know if this turns off with the ignition, but could I not tap into this for my remote turn on cable and simply install a 12v switch along the remote cable to the amp??

E330B9FC-E179-4118-BFCC-C6430C649A35.jpeg

nige8021
2 hours ago, adamsuddaby said:

Is the cigarette lighter definetly not on there? That turns on and off with the ignition so would be the ideal one to use. By ignition ON supply do you mean the wires coming directly from the ignition switch? Thanks

The ciggy lighter supply is an ignition controlled supply so yeah you could use that, so the amp would be supplied with 12v anytime the ignition was ON

That Black/Blue wire doesn't show up on the diagrams for the radio but it does for the reverse camera option, so it's a switched supply when reverse is selected and therefore not what you're looking for