Notice to Hotmail/Gmail & BT Internet users - Please check your SPAM/JUNK folders for our emails. Please add our email as a contact to your email account.
Light/Dark Mode Enabled: You can now select the option by clicking the moon/lightbulb in the top right corner!

POLO 6N transmission selector seal

damunk

I have undone the small bolt that goes through the shaft. (oil on end of bolt on the pic)

I have tried to pull the silver casing back but it keeps hold of the shaft. I don't want to hold the shaft with grips to avoid scratching shaft.

It's as if the casing is only going back as far as it can.

Am I supposed to also undo the nut and bolt to the left of the shaft bolt. Thanks lads.

IMG_1645.thumb.JPG.76e97076baadccaf6b46543212b2c47e.JPG

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• damunk

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

damunk
Posted (edited)

I’ve undone them all. Why does the shaft not pop out from the silver casing? How can you grip it without damaging it?

Edit: its as if the shaft is threaded at the far end.

Edited by damunk
damunk
Posted (edited)

Tip for anyone struggling to get shaft out from casing, once small Bolt is removed . Put flat head screw driving where the bolt went in and wiggle a bit n shaft will come loose. 

Edited by damunk
damunk

Would have been easier to buy a new gear box. How the hell can you use a screw to get it out. The seal is solid. Can’t get a drill in there. Precision screw drivers cannot stab through it. Already put a feint scratch on shaft 

damunk

just got these, i reckon these are the tools that will sort it out. instead of screw driver method.pickset.jpg.40b35e658b3b40c08c745218e1e0a5c8.jpg